Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
fitted garmin zumo 340 to windscreen bracket using mount supplied with the gps, removed windscreen , bolted through windscreen bracket , replaced windscreen, job done , just the right height :thumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks good. Going to mount mine this weekend, would you still recommend this position for the unit, or did you come across any problems in actual use?

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
147 Posts
Might be good position, but have used top of front brake master cylinder to mount Gamin for years.

Use suction cup mount Garmin came with and set that on top of Brake Master Cylinder. Tie it down with the plastic Tie Wraps (couple of them).

Seems MIGHT be closer to eyes than up by windshield and easier to reach with left hand for making changes (selecting next point "Where To" is what I use to go point tot point, entered before trip).

Not recommending making changes while rolling as a good safety practice, but I do and been doing it for 300,000 miles or so). Be careful as to when you make changes and don't take eyes off the road for very long. 0:)

PS: I said MIGHT (above) as don't know not having tried the other mount. All I know is easy to put in brake master cylinder and easy to read and reach for adjustments.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It wont let me use links or upload pictures or inline pictures since I am new.

I use ram mount stuff for my cell phone and GPS.

2 x 10.99 amazon.com/dp/B005J43I56 -- RAM mount bases
(I used the longest bolts that came with the bases)
1 x 18.49 amazon.com/dp/B000WJA5ZY -- Long (6in) double socket arm
1 x 12.49 amazon.com/dp/B000UGZTQO -- Short (3in) double socket arm
1 x 10.99 ATV GPS cradle mount from gandermountain (model specific)
1 x 6.99 amazon.com/dp/B002KO5XVU -- GPS mount ball adapter
1 x 9.99 amazon.com/dp/B017STJY4I -- RAM mount tether (size large)
1 x 25.49 amazon.com/dp/B0055PH0XA -- Cellphone mount small
(amazon/dp/B013FFNXOG Tether and xgrip can be bought together for 24.99)

Total cost: 95.93 if you buy the tether/mount combo pack (I already had both mounts for use in my car)

'Riding view'
i.imgur.com/GxFLlew.jpg

'Side view'
i.imgur.com/azWJGwz.jpg

'close up'
i.imgur.com/c5VTtTK.jpg

For power
amazon.com/dp/B000NCOKZQ -- Batterytender cable
amazon.com/dp/B00DJ5KEF4 -- Batterytender to USB adapter

Total cost: 16.03
-I might install a switch rather than constantly taking the seat off to unplug the adapter. The wire I used is a 6ft USBmini (like those for GPS) and I have a USBmini-to-micro adapter for when I have to charge my phone.

Underseat setup
i.imgur.com/hXYpMGc.jpg

·
Registered
362 Posts
I believe the link in the above post is to a site hosting malware, please do not use it.

If you want to download Garmin Express please go to the main garmin.com web site, as will be printed in your documentation, and follow the links.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts