welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
And an awesome first bike for you. Welcome

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats man! I was planning on heading over to bert's to check out the 500 and a few other bikes. Is it ABS? How much was she OTD? If you don't mind me asking, of course.
Ride safe, Buddy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrat's, I love the red, it's not available in the UK though:(
welcome to the forum
-Thank... I was planing to get the black one but someone snatch it before me

And an awesome first bike for you. Welcome
-Thank You...

Nice! I plan on grabbing one too asap. How much you get her for?
-$7,200 OTD got trick with $200 manufacture rebate so ($7,400-$200)

Looks great man all us Cali 500 riders can get together and do a highway 1 run
-Sure but let me get my gear first all i have right now is a helmet

Congrats man! I was planning on heading over to bert's to check out the 500 and a few other bikes. Is it ABS? How much was she OTD? If you don't mind me asking, of course.
Ride safe, Buddy!
-This one is without ABS
$7,200 OTD ($7,400 - $200 rebate)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats joethai7 . I just bought the exact same one on 4/13/2013 . This is my first bike ever . I was to chicken to ride it home (20 miles) . I paid mine in full in about three payments and it was $7002.00 out the door . I did give the sales man $20.00 for delivering it to my house ,so technically it was $7022.00. BTW my wife initially ordered and put down the first payment as a surprise for my birthday back in March ,she also work that price out with the salesmen . I love her! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got a nice jacket from Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Helmets & Accessories - RevZilla they have a distributor in Fresno so most California orders go overnight and that's with their free shipping for anything over 40 bucks. Also I did not ride mine home either borrowed my father In laws truck and borrowed some canyon dancers to bring her home. I hadn't really been riding for about 6 years when I got the bike.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Yeah my first bike too (CBR500RA, Black), only got my learners permit last wednesday, I must admit I was literally shittin myself as I rode out of the dealership. Just a nice easy few Km's ride home, then today some easy riding on the local roads for about 20 mins, it's all coming together nicely. More riding tomorrow with plenty more km's planned. Absolutely lovin my new purchase. Take care, ride safe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats joethai7 . I just bought the exact same one on 4/13/2013 . This is my first bike ever . I was to chicken to ride it home (20 miles) . I paid mine in full in about three payments and it was $7002.00 out the door . I did give the sales man $20.00 for delivering it to my house ,so technically it was $7022.00. BTW my wife initially ordered and put down the first payment as a surprise for my birthday back in March ,she also work that price out with the salesmen . I love her! :)
Nice... Let's Ride

congrats for the bike!
Thank You Sir...

Looking good there. Congrats! :) I'm in Cali too but don't have a bike yet. lol :p
Go get one ... You can feel the fresh air when you riding...

I got a nice jacket from Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Helmets & Accessories - RevZilla they have a distributor in Fresno so most California orders go overnight and that's with their free shipping for anything over 40 bucks. Also I did not ride mine home either borrowed my father In laws truck and borrowed some canyon dancers to bring her home. I hadn't really been riding for about 6 years when I got the bike.
Thank for a great info...
I rode my home without license and without insurance :p

Great choice for a first bike.
Happy rides.
Thankkkk Yep Happy Rides..

Yeah my first bike too (CBR500RA, Black), only got my learners permit last wednesday, I must admit I was literally shittin myself as I rode out of the dealership. Just a nice easy few Km's ride home, then today some easy riding on the local roads for about 20 mins, it's all coming together nicely. More riding tomorrow with plenty more km's planned. Absolutely lovin my new purchase. Take care, ride safe.
Black was my original color but someone took it right before i was there.
I rode my home without anything (Permit, Insurance, glove) :p...
Good thing that my house is very close to the dealer
Believe me i know how shittin you feels...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought my first bike this past Saturday from Huntington Beach CA. I hauled it home (180+ miles) since I don't even have my endorsement yet lol but I'm working on that. I got the ABS model for $7500 OTD, super stoked can't wait to ride (should be about 3 weeks). Here's a pic of the bike hanging out in the garage:

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Be careful during those early days of riding. I made the mistake of not shifting my weight when accelerating hard on my old 250. Nearly demolished the bike that day, lucky I didn't have a crash.
If you're accelerating hard off the line then you need to shift forward a bit, as the front of the bike will want to lift up a bit.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Be careful during those early days of riding. I made the mistake of not shifting my weight when accelerating hard on my old 250. Nearly demolished the bike that day, lucky I didn't have a crash.
If you're accelerating hard off the line then you need to shift forward a bit, as the front of the bike will want to lift up a bit.
Luckily, my stomach keeps the front of the bike down, quite nicely. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Me to marmite I have only got the front end off the ground twice really trying to just to see if it would it dissent wanna wheelie a fat guy like me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts