Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received an email from Two Brothers racing in my response to if they are working on exhaust and a Juice Box Pro for the CBR500R , here is what they said :

"Just found out that We are working on a slip on right now and it is 2 – 3 weeks away. Juice box Pro is also in the works

Thanks
TBR

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks like they've got part numbers up on their site now .. Two Brothers Racing :: Honda CBR500R/CB500F/CB500X Exhaust Systems

There's even a nice little button on their front page for the 500! I'm not sure if it's actually available or not yet, though. I'd love to get some soundclips and maybe even a dyno run like they have on their CBR250R product page. I loved my Two Bros slip-on for the 250, odds are I'll end up with another for this bike!

·
Registered
565 Posts
That looks pretty mean indeed.. would love to hear it too!

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
They're available now. Seriously considering ordering one, but I really need to hear a sound clip first.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Does anyone know what sort of gains you'd expect to see with the Juice Box Pro? I have run Hondata on my cars and there are usually maps that indicate expected results.

I know it is not yet out for the CB500, but seeing someone's maps from a CB250R would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds pretty good. A good clean an crisp sound from the CBr500 engine. I would like to hear how the CBr500 would sound with a full system though. Thanks for getting this dyno graph and video up.
I concur. I can't wait for the full system is out along with the videos/sound clip.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Is that with a Juice box? Or stock?

Dave

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I believe stock, personally I'd hold off on any exhaust purchases before the full system dyno charts with tunes start popping up.
I agree. IMHO the real gains with this engine (de-tuned to meet economy and emissions for the market) will come with a fuel controller (the only way to tune this bike), especially one that can advance the timing ie. the PC-V. Even with a stock pipe, with a PC-V I'd expect much better than what that pipe does alone. The PC-V appears to give ~2 HP on the 22HP 250R!

The fact that a pipe on its own gives max 2HP and peak 1.5 boosts sound promising.

Dave

Reactions: SydCBR

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree. IMHO the real gains with this engine (de-tuned to meet economy and emissions for the market) will come with a fuel controller (the only way to tune this bike), especially one that can advance the timing ie. the PC-V. Even with a stock pipe, with a PC-V I'd expect much better than what that pipe does alone. The PC-V appears to give ~2 HP on the 22HP 250R!

The fact that a pipe on its own gives max 2HP and peak 1.5 boosts sound promising.

Dave
i agree,
changing a exhuast on any fuel injected vehicle is either pointless or dangerous without a tune to match, imo.

Reactions: CBR_Dave

·
Registered
178 Posts
I actually like the sound but I wish the carbon model was closer to yoshi/akrapovic carbon models. good find though!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well, being the impatient person that I am (and a lover of TB products), I went ahead and ordered their carbon slip-on.. I should hopefully have it sometime next week. I'll be sure to take some halfway decent pics and vids!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts