Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Givi luggage rack

This was such an easy install, it's not really worthy of a How-To.

1. Remove the rear seat with the key
2. Remove the 4 bolts holding the passenger grab handles on
3. Remove the two Phillips clips
4. Remove the grab handles
5. Use the provided bolts that came with the rack to bolt the rack on where the grab handles came off.

In the one attached picture, you can see the Givi Part Number for the 2013-2015 CBR.

Then, there are a couple pix of it installed from different viewpoints.

Later this evening, I'll mount up the Bestem 2012 top box to that rack.

I was thinking of upgrading to a similar size Givi box, but they're just a bit too proud of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know the correct torque spec for the 4 mounting bolts? The only thing I've found in the service manual is the normal spec for M8 bolts which is 16 lb-ft (22 Nm), but it seems a bit low..? (Very possible I just missed it in the manual.)

I'd like to get it right since I used the grab bars to move the bike around quite a bit (e.g. one side of garage to another) and would likely use the rack similarly. Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you have a feel for bolt tightness you will know when it's tight,and if you want to confirm the tightness put a torque wrench on the bolt starting low until wrench clicks off, and I bet you are not far out. On more specific stuff like brakes, suspension,steering and engine I always use a torque wrench.

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
On another note, I have the same tyre repair kit. It's possibly to place it directly under the rider seat between battery and metal cross-member; just need to trim off some small plastic bits left over from the moulding process ;)
Frees up the storage area for more commonly used things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts