Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was turning on my CBR500r and the bike fell on its left side. The cheat shifter is slightly bent and it is rubbing a bit with part of the body work from the bike. afterwards the bike struggled to go into third and I also struggled to go from 2nd to neutral. Any advice on what I should do next? Or if it’s the transmission or just the gear shifter that’s messed up. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
1,226 Posts
Get a pair of channel-lock pliers and bend the lever back reasonably straight again.

If you can, place a steel bar against the lever at the bend and down on the ground or wedged behind the side stand so your bending efforts with the pliers acts on the bent part of the lever, not back at its pivot.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Fortunately, the shifter is fairly inexpensive if you chose to replace it from your local dealer or another reputable vendor. The schematic I have below is for a 2020 CBR500R, but you can plug in the correct year. Once you find your model's year, look under "Pedal" for the shifter. The part numbers are Honda OEM, so any reputable vendor will use the same part number.
Save up to 25% on 2020 Honda CBR500R OEM Parts | MotoSport

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same thing happened to me but I wasn't experienced any problems shifting the transmission. It is a very easy and straightforward replacement. Took me no more than 10 minutes to install new one. And as previously stated they are pretty inexpensive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts