Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone's installed a Healtech Gear indicator (GIpro-DS series) on their 2016 CBR500R yet?

I'm new to this and wanted to do it myself as it seems easy enough. While I input the model and year of bike, it directed me to the part (GPDS-H01) but the manual doesn't mention 2016 CBR500R. Is the current and previous model set up the same? (same placement of cables and such?)

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put one of those generic ebay gear indicators on my bike. You just connect it to the 4 pin connector under the seat, run the LED screen up to the dash, and follow the instructions to get it configured.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I put one of those generic ebay gear indicators on my bike. You just connect it to the 4 pin connector under the seat, run the LED screen up to the dash, and follow the instructions to get it configured.
Ditto.
Very easy process. I don't use it as often now but it helps those times where I need it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone's installed a Healtech Gear indicator (GIpro-DS series) on their 2016 CBR500R yet?

I'm new to this and wanted to do it myself as it seems easy enough. While I input the model and year of bike, it directed me to the part (GPDS-H01) but the manual doesn't mention 2016 CBR500R. Is the current and previous model set up the same? (same placement of cables and such?)
I just put one on my 2013 model. It was really simple and works fine. Really helps me as a learner :)

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts

My mates put the Healtech on his 17 plate no problem. Routing the cable was the hardest. Plugs into socket under the seat. That part number is listed for models 2013 to 2020 on the site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts