Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my one week trip to China that got extended and a trip to Korea got added... Im finally home and got to ride my bike yesterday. Moth Racing called and my parts are in so I took a spin over to the shop and picked up a rear set, slider, adjustable levers, and rear spools.
First install of the rear set was too high for my long legs and felt very cramped, I had them lower the pegs and now they feel great. I feel more comfortable riding, the only issue is taking off from a stop its a little more difficult to get my feet in position. Im sure a day or two riding and it will feel natural. Also I notice my left foot seems to be hitting something, maybe the swing arm? I kinda wiggle my foot a bit whenever I pull it back from shifting. Again a little time and it should feel natural
Adjustable levers are great, I am surprised the brake lever just feels PERFECT! There is a little "indent" that is the perfect spot for my index finger. I seem to have different hand position for the clutch, it feels good but not quite as good as the brake. Under most breaking conditions I only need my one finger. I have no idea why, but it makes the brakes seem a little harder, maybe because I only use power of one finger?
Rear spool... ehh it looks nice and I picked up a service stand from Moths "sister" shop. I also saw a lady from the shop installing rim tape, she was so fast and made it look easy I decided to let her install the red reflector tape on my rims instead of taking it home and doing it myself. She installed both wheels faster than I would probably do one side of one wheel!
I had the stand sent home in a taxi along with old parts from bike. On the ride home I was on an elevated bridge (rare bridge where motorcycles are allowed here in Bangkok) and there was NO cars!!! (EXTREMELY RARE in Bangkok) so I had a little fun an opened up the bike :) I got it up to 150, the bike felt very smooth but the wind was pretty strong and stupid me had my visor up from the red light just before the bridge. After the bridge I was back to normal traffic driving and had a couple little...."thrills". Coming around a corner, nothing radical, nothing racy, I felt the rear tire slip out from under me. Nothing quite pucker inducing but definitely enough to get my attention. It happened a second time and the pucker ALMOST happened but the tire grabbed and I was on my way. This morning I will check the tire pressure as it was low yesterday and I had to fill the tires. I am not sure if the slip was because of a problem with the tire, or because of the "just water" the girl sprayed on the wheel/tire when installing the tape.
If the pressure of the tire is ok and the slipping is due to soap or something like that that the girl sprayed on my bike, anyone have ideas the best way to clean the tire short of doing burnouts while leaning the bike:p

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh by the way, OMFG!!!! Korean food is good! Very clean, roads are nice, the city is very modern, weather is wonderfully cool (coming from Hells fire Bangkok),the people are beautiful. All in all a great place to visit. I even got to go to the DMZ, it was pretty touristy with a low budget amusement park??? but a very nice experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts