Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm looking for a 17" oem front wheel replacement for my 2015 cb500x. This is a 2 part question:

1: Is the17" front wheel the same on all 3 CB models?...

2: If so, is the wheel the same on model years 2013-2018?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You can find out by looking up different models and eras in a OEM catalogue and seeing if they have the same part codes.

Here are links to some online catalogues (they default to the 2016 CB500FA, but you can change this) for various countries.

The EU site bike-parts-hona.com is the best resource as it includes all the different international bike models, whilst other sites only cover those sold in their own, and sometimes neighbouring, territories. Also when you click on a part number on that site it will list other bikes which share the part, so you do not have to look up every combination. Although I am not sure if that list is exhaustive as it might have a fixed length, so if a model is not listed it is best to double check.

Because the models only see a major refresh every three years you should only need to look at those for 2013, 2016, and 2019.

CA: 2016 Honda CB500F A OEM Parts, Powersports Canada
SE: Honda MC Originaldelar - Honda MC Svenska AB
UK: Purchase Honda CB500F ABS 2016 All Countries MILLENNIUM RED(R263) motorcycle parts online
US: 2016 Honda CB500F ABS Parts Diagram:
US: 2016 Honda CB500F A OEM Parts, Babbitts Honda Partshouse
US: 2016 Honda CB500F A OEM Parts, PartsFish.com
US: 2016 Honda CB500F A Parts | OEM Motorcycle Parts | Partzilla.com
US: 2016 Honda CB500F OEM Parts Finder & Fiche Lookup - RevZilla
US: 2016 Honda CB500F A OEM Parts, Service Honda

EU: CB500FAG 2016 CB 500 MOTO Honda motorcycle # HONDA Motorcycles & ATVS Genuine Spare Parts Catalog

·
Registered
292 Posts
Generally, yes is the answer to your questions. Looking it up is a good suggestion. I would also check ebay and ask over on the X forum or the advrider forum X thread for those that have purchased the Rally Raid kits with their spoke wheels. They might have and be willing to part with their original wheels.

Why are you replacing it? Did you break it? In that case, you might want to look into those spoke wheels yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey LTL,... I bought a 2015 cb-x used, with the Rally Raid stage 3 kit installed. The OEM rear wheel was included, but not the front (damaged by prior owner). I want to find a used OEM 17" front, so I can have 2 wheelsets; 17/17 street, 19/17 dirt. I figured I'd be way more likely to find one if it's the same wheel across the CB platform. Thanks for the reply 😛

·
Super Moderator
1,228 Posts
Hey LTL,... I bought a 2015 cb-x used, with the Rally Raid stage 3 kit installed. The OEM rear wheel was included, but not the front (damaged by prior owner). I want to find a used OEM 17" front, so I can have 2 wheelsets; 17/17 street, 19/17 dirt. I figured I'd be way more likely to find one if it's the same wheel across the CB platform. Thanks for the reply 😛
Yeah I'm on the hunt for a good front too, for the same reason. They're hard to come by, a good 2nd front.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi. I'm looking for a 17" oem front wheel replacement for my 2015 cb500x. This is a 2 part question:

1: Is the17" front wheel the same on all 3 CB models?...

2: If so, is the wheel the same on model years 2013-2018?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Good front wheels are hard to come by. I rode a buckled wheel for a year before I found one. Maybe because they buckle easily if you hit a pothole

1 - 7 of 7 Posts