Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a front tire stand like the venom, would I be able to remove the front tire?
(cb500f 2015)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Never considered using a rear paddock stand for the front like that! Genius. Probably not as stable as a Head stand, but do-able.
I have a Head stand. Tip: The 500R nose (headlight) is lower than the steering stem. I use a 1/2" long socket 14mm or 17mm to "extend" the steering stem. It should work with most Head stands.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Never considered using a rear paddock stand for the front like that! Genius. Probably not as stable as a Head stand, but do-able.
I have a Head stand. Tip: The 500R nose (headlight) is lower than the steering stem (the lower triple). I use a 1/2" long socket 14mm or 17mm to "extend" steering stem. It should work with most Head stands.
haha. no that is a front stand, not a rear stand... it has special rotating fittings to hold under the fork.

here is the rear stand with spools and dolly:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I use the same rotating L-prong as a rear stand (without spools). The sweet spot is just in front of the sprocket (and without touching the exhaust on the right side). Some cushion/felt on the prong plate to prevent scratching the swing arm.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I use the same rotating L-prong as a rear stand (without spools). The sweet spot is just in front of the sprocket (and without touching the exhaust on the right side). Some cushion/felt on the prong plate to prevent scratching the swing arm.
here's a better look at the front stand's interface... i guess you could use the front as a rear stand but the rear paddle stand would not work in the front very well as it would allow the forks to slide out the back...

·
Registered
31 Posts
On a somewhat related note, are those bike lifts Harbor Freight sells any good? Can one be used to lift the bike or will the bottom fairing interfere? I had to replace my rear tire after 1 month of riding and the ordeal of patching, then riding to the dealer was a bit much. Not to mention the mounting and balancing cost. I could have saved about a hundred dollars if I could have changed the tire myself.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just a general note. In order to lift the front, the rear should be supported first (or risk the bike tipping over).
Unless there is a full stand installed (F or X model), you'll (most likely) need 2 stands, 1 rear, 1 front.

The front Head stand allows the forks to be serviced.

·
Registered
154 Posts
On a somewhat related note, are those bike lifts Harbor Freight sells any good? Can one be used to lift the bike or will the bottom fairing interfere? I had to replace my rear tire after 1 month of riding and the ordeal of patching, then riding to the dealer was a bit much. Not to mention the mounting and balancing cost. I could have saved about a hundred dollars if I could have changed the tire myself.
We have one. A lot of people make brackets so they can lift from underneath.

Most of the Bikes we have can’t be lifted, but we use it to lift a bunch of other things: brush mowers, trailers, snowmobiles, whatever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts