Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was at the dealer today and had some time on the 500f

one thing i noticed that i had not before. The cut outs in the front mini fairing that are there for the fork tubes when turning....

when the wheel is straight, they are like huge air scoops. it seems like on a windy day that could cause some stability problems.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've ridden my F in windy conditions, and didn't notice any instability due to the bike. The issue was with the wind buffeting my chest.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Is that your first rain ride, OJ? If so, kudos to you. That's a liberating experience, a (uh oh, here it comes) watershed moment.

·
Registered
706 Posts
LOL Actually it's my second. But that was my longest. The first one I got caught coming home last week for 5 minutes. Not too bad.....Today I left my mates place and rode the whole way in the peeing down rain. Absolutely soaked! Took about 30 minutes and wasn't very pleasant! LOL But it's all good experience right? ;-) Most of the ride was highway too.
There I was talking to myself and questioning my sanity! :cool:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Monsoon season?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well that is good. one would think the Honda engineers would have caught it if it was a problem. Now that i think about it, the "scoops" are angled so that any air would be directed up directly into the chest of a rider. i wonder if that magnifies the wind blast (on top of the wind you get because of naked bike)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've ridden the F in pretty windy days here and had no trouble. I ride through some open fields on the way to work and you can feel the cross winds, but that's on any bike obviously.

·
Registered
72 Posts
while you are riding,

hold one hand up move it around in front of the shield feel the air blast, then feel where the other air blast off of the bike is coming from, it should be east to tell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts