Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of removing the front scoops off the tank? I have taken them off, and if I hide the wiring underneath them it will look like how I want my bike to look. There is also some kind of canister that I will relocate (to the bottom bolt bracket of the scoop) down by the engine. I am kind of excited about starting this project, which will start when my Yoshimura full exhaust system gets here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has anyone thought of removing the front scoops off the tank? I have taken them off, and if I hide the wiring underneath them it will look like how I want my bike to look. There is also some kind of canister that I will relocate (to the bottom bolt bracket of the scoop) down by the engine. I am kind of excited about starting this project, which will start when my Yoshimura full exhaust system gets here.
Got any pics?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't wait for my pipe to post pics. Here they are. I have two options for the EVAP canister on the left (Non-pipe) side. 1. Remove it 2. Paint it red and slap a nitrous sticker on it.
The hardest part of taking the scoops off was hiding all the wires and removing some brackets. BTW, the bar end mirrors were a PITA, but well worth the hassle. I can now see what's behind me. Now, I just need my exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like it with the scoops off, it gives that part of the frame a more mechanical look. It's just too bad the fuel tank wasnt solid instead of having those cutouts.

Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
All a matter of personal taste.
I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like the look of the frame. I don't know why they covered it up, and I don't know why they put all the wiring on the outside of the frame. When I look at a motorcycle I like to look at the frame and the engine. Those two elements are the essence and art of motorcycling. I know riding a bike is different for everyone, but that's my $.02.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks better without, actually thought about it and now maybe i'll do it. Can you post some close ups of tank? Where the fairings "stick"?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is EXACTLY what I logged in today for! I think we all would want more photos in different light/angles. I sat today at the dealer thinking that this would be my first mod :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
As with all custom jobs, it only looks good when it is clean.

And that's where things get tough.

Reactions: appliance500

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will try to post some more pics. It is very difficult to get the CLEAN look, as Honda decided to put a lot of wiring behind the front scoops. I will say that I will definitely not put the scoops back on. I shaved off 5 pounds of parts by removing the scoops, and I like the street fighter look of the stripped down Cb500F. When I get my Yoshimura full exhaust I might even take off the belly pan for a more stripped down look. I would recommend putting bar end mirrors on the CB500's for safety reasons, as I feel a lot safer knowing what's behind me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts