Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening ... few weeks back i fitted front fender extender and i have had trouble re-fitting grommets as i slide fender/muguard down to line bolts up the grommets peel out as there is no flex in guard to push inwards..up to now i have left them out but it bangs going over every bump.. i dont want to take wheel off...any ideas please?
By the way i used sticky pads and bathroom sealant along joint and in lancashire its doing ok

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
You can spend an hour or more struggling to get thing aligned. But it's a 10min job to just do it with the wheel off... I know you asked how to without removing, but it really is the best way, sorry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can spend an hour or more struggling to get thing aligned. But it's a 10min job to just do it with the wheel off... I know you asked how to without removing, but it really is the best way, sorry
Thanks.. due to weather and time i might try it again with wheel still on...cant believe that the space for rear grommet is so small.. just waiting for rain to stop and ill go outside and have a go...was told by friend to short cut it by putting some silicon sealant in place as gap is only about 3 mm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts