Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, just did a forum search about front axle sliders, but the most recent post was 2016. Checking back if there are any new updates? Just got this bike for the girl, and I put on the engine cage, rear axle slider, and I made some peg rear set sliders and took off her passenger foot pegs.
Overall it gets pretty good coverage, but I’d like something at least an inch low on the forks to prevent those from getting banged with her dropping it. Right now, looking like I’ll have to tap the axle to put something in it.
Here’s what I currently have on it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Man, with those engine protectors, the rear axel sliders, AND the pillion peg sliders, I thing you need nothing else, short of training wheels a la kindergarten bicycle.

This is a nice bike for easy riding, but for total noobs a lighter bike around 125cc or 250cc would be better.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I like it.. Anything to make the rider more comfortable on the bike is all good. And if these mods help take one's mind off the worry of dropping and damaging that pretty blue motorcycle, then the rider can get familiar with controls and characteristics of the bike. (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts