Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also, I do actually have a Honda motorcycle OBD scanner so I’ll be able to tell if my new fans will work well enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I started the beast! No exhaust at all meant I had to throw a license plate in between the radiator and the exhaust port of the engine because it sure shot flames! I don’t have the aftermarket filters on yet so I know I’m running lean, (which I could also hear) so I’m excited to get a power commander and auto tuner down the line. (I’ve already done a pcv valve delete.) I’ll upload a video soon of the monster (it’s so loud, lol obviously) and I can’t wait to shorten the chain once a bike shop opens up and I can grab a cheap but high quality masterlink.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It’s alive!!!! I’ve finally put enough of it together to make this gnarly monster run!! I’ve upgraded the suspension, both front and rear, and both were a nightmare to upgrade (more so the front because the new triple tree had a thicker stem that was too thick for any bearing so that took a bit of customization.) and she runs like a dream. Starts right up, has a catback exhaust, so it makes heads turn, and it doesn’t look anything like it used to. However, it FEELS like the nimble little devil it used to be, but with WAY more power. I know it needs to be tuned because I’ve done so much modification to the fuel and air system, so I’m currently saving up for a power commander and an auto tuner to tune it. This friggen thing wheelies into 3rd gear if not shifted properly, man I love this thing. I can’t wait to see how long this bike will last me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts