Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the posts/pics on the 'Guia craft sliders', tothezenith & westcoastbound1 !!

I ordered one, looking forward to installing them. I hope they get here soon enough.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Guia Craft frame sliders can also be ordered directly from the2wheels.com. If the quality of the frame sliders is the same as their levers, it should be a good option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks westcoastbound1!

I ordered mine from the website(the2wheels.com) directly. But I think it is the same as the ebay store, they all ship out of Hong Kong / China.

The adjustable levers are in my radar(the2wheels ones looks nice), but Gear indicator is on the top the list for now. Got PSR foot pegs (yet to be installed), the stock pegs are a bad design, the rubber lip caught my pants multiple times.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks westcoastbound1!

I ordered mine from the website(the2wheels.com) directly. But I think it is the same as the ebay store, they all ship out of Hong Kong / China.

The adjustable levers are in my radar(the2wheels ones looks nice), but Gear indicator is on the top the list for now. Got PSR foot pegs (yet to be installed), the stock pegs are a bad design, the rubber lip caught my pants multiple times.
Sliders are decent quality
I got long levers from ebay ~ 22 bucks. I am happy with them
Pegs,I got from ebay also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got Puig's frame sliders. You dont need to cut the fairing to install them

Reactions: Justinr

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just received a set of the Guia Craft sliders, bought off ebay for about $70 shipped. Came pretty fast all the way from Hong Kong surprisingly, just about a week. Had them installed in only 20 minutes, super simple, just takes 2 allen wrenches and a 14mm socket. One thing to note is that the engine is completely solid when removing those upper engine mount bolts, no movement at all (I'd recommend doing only one at a time just to be safe though). The diagram instructions aren't great, but it does let you know exactly where the shims are supposed to go. The silver shim on the right side of the engine is reused, while a slightly shorter shim is used for the left side (since the slider plate goes behind the frame on the engine mount), And the 2 remaining shims that are different lengths are actually used on the plastic sliders to extend them out to the proper length. These are definitely good quality for a better price than anyhting else I've seen.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just received a set of the Guia Craft sliders, bought off ebay for about $70 shipped. Came pretty fast all the way from Hong Kong surprisingly, just about a week. Had them installed in only 20 minutes, super simple, just takes 2 allen wrenches and a 14mm socket. One thing to note is that the engine is completely solid when removing those upper engine mount bolts, no movement at all (I'd recommend doing only one at a time just to be safe though). The diagram instructions aren't great, but it does let you know exactly where the shims are supposed to go. The silver shim on the right side of the engine is reused, while a slightly shorter shim is used for the left side (since the slider plate goes behind the frame on the engine mount), And the 2 remaining shims that are different lengths are actually used on the plastic sliders to extend them out to the proper length. These are definitely good quality for a better price than anyhting else I've seen.
Same experience when I installed!

Wow, the price of those has gone up. I paid something like 50 bucks shipped about 2 months ago (may be 10 weeks).

Good quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Guia's are here too. Got them in 1 week, that was way faster than I expected. I ordered from the2wheels.com for $60 (shipping included). They look nice.
I will try installing them in the evening, also got the GiPro indicator that is going on hopefully in the eve. That should complete the mods for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guia Craft frame sliders

I just installed the Guia Craft frame sliders purchased off ebay for 61.98 shipped. Great quality, fast shipping, quick and easy install, overall no issues. As mentioned in previous posts, they do not clear the blinkers, but thats an inexpensive fix, compared to fairings and motor casings.

·
Registered
383 Posts
There were two sellers on ebay. One was cheaper. The link at beginning of this thread goes to the more expensive seller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
...while a slightly shorter shim is used for the left side (since the slider plate goes behind the frame on the engine mount), ..
This was where I got stuck. It would have been hard to figure out that the slider goes behind the frame from the non-existing instructions. But otherwise the install took 20 mts.

Also be gentle on the engine casing bolts, they don't seem to need a lot of torque.

Thanks again for all the pics and description throughout this thread, made the install a breeze.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Trex sliders.. Easy fit no cutting ect and they take a hiding . my last 500r lost the front Tyre at 60 kph and only had marks from after it left the tar...... large rocks beside the road. Guard rail killed her though. .bent rim forks triple clamps and frame

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have also been looking into sliders for my CBR500R - I sort of settled on the T-Rex because of their sturdiness etc. But I am slowly talking myself out of it because of the T-Rex's massive design flaw. I mean having a projection coming out from the bike is great for protecting engine parts. But having it inline with your knees/shin and then making it "pointy" to me is just insane. They may as well have put knives on the bike. Any sort of front based shunt and you risk chopping your legs off at the knees.

The you look at their designs for other bikes and they seem to be more rounded?!?!?!?!?! :confused2

Have they just designed them to protect the bike with no consideration for the rider?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have also been looking into sliders for my CBR500R - I sort of settled on the T-Rex because of their sturdiness etc. But I am slowly talking myself out of it because of the T-Rex's massive design flaw. I mean having a projection coming out from the bike is great for protecting engine parts. But having it inline with your knees/shin and then making it "pointy" to me is just insane. They may as well have put knives on the bike. Any sort of front based shunt and you risk chopping your legs off at the knees. The you look at their designs for other bikes and they seem to be more rounded?!?!?!?!?! :confused2 Have they just designed them to protect the bike with no consideration for the rider?
After much research I too moved away from the T-Rex sliders, due to what seemed to me as a majorly insane design flaw. I went with the R&G ones, (for my CB500FA) which not only look much nicer, but they will likely not chop my legs off any time soon.

Just for kicks, I laid my bike down on its side on my patio one day to see how things would play out if it was to ever get knocked over, and the positioning and size/length of these sliders seems pretty near perfect to me. I wish I had taken a photo of it on its side to post here. After seeing my bike in this position there is no doubt in my mind that these R&G's will protect my bike, should it ever topple.

Glen

Reactions: Nemo1966

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed the Guia Craft frame sliders purchased off ebay for 61.98 shipped. Great quality, fast shipping, quick and easy install, overall no issues. As mentioned in previous posts, they do not clear the blinkers, but thats an inexpensive fix, compared to fairings and motor casings.

I have ordered a pair of these but now am rather unsure about fitting them. If you drop the bike at any speed they a surely bound to bend or tear the engine bolts or even worse... Has anyone who's fitted these actually been unfortunate enough to have had a spill and can report on how these sliders coped......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been stalking these threads for a while but haven't posted yet. Figured I would jump in on this one.

My friend and I both have the Guia Craft sliders. He was unfortunate enough to test them out last week. The slider held up really well with nothing breaking or snapping. The bike's fairings are scratched up but that probably has something to do with it the fact the bike slide off the road into the small gravel shoulder and into the dirt embankment. The slide actually buried itself into the dirt so it wasn't too effective. The fairings didn't break or crack so I would say that they are decent. The only other damage is the front turn signal which is expected since the slider doesn't come out far enough to protect it and the engine cover has a few minor scratches.

161 - 180 of 213 Posts