Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
yes, i have a pair of k speed sliders - not exactly the model o those photos - for 35 usd.
My knees sometimes touch them especially under heavy braking or with a pillion rider but if i am wearing a pant with knee protection, i just hold my knees on the slider and it gives a better control.
cannot fully recommend such a design of course but for the price, it is good and they protect the bike also can place some plastic bags after shopping:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Other frame slide options...

Does anyone know the thread (10mm?) for the frame sliders. Im looking into seeing whether or not there are sliders from another bike that would come out far enough and have the same threading.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Does anyone know the thread (10mm?) for the frame sliders. Im looking into seeing whether or not there are sliders from another bike that would come out far enough and have the same threading.
I'd like to know too actually

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
yes, i have a pair of k speed sliders - not exactly the model o those photos - for 35 usd.
My knees sometimes touch them especially under heavy braking or with a pillion rider but if i am wearing a pant with knee protection, i just hold my knees on the slider and it gives a better control.
cannot fully recommend such a design of course but for the price, it is good and they protect the bike also can place some plastic bags after shopping:)
In any accident situation where you are thrown forward, those could result in serious injury.

Always the trade-off with such things. The ideal place for them is usually higher up, but that's where they are more likely to protect the bike while hurting you.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
you are right about a possible knee injury but what about moto guzzi owners? they are prone to this all the time then due to the classic twin engine.
If you've ever sat on one, you'd realize that you hit your shin, not your knee. :)

More realistically, there's a reason that configuration only exists on one model of "retro" bike. The guys who ride these tend not to use full helmets either.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
yeah michael, i know. just joking man.:)
there are no better options for cbr500r now regarding frame sliders. r&g one looks so tiny and weak, rsv ones are so big and ugly closing the beautiful engine.
until something proper comes up, i will keep k speed ones. a slider set is always better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Torque spec

Yea I've got an F with the Yoshi sliders. Even if you repositioned them on another mount on the R, I'm not sure how much they'll protect the fairings as they don't come out that far.

What was the torque spec that you used to put these sliders on?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I have them. Great fit, and they never actually touch the engine casing itself except where they're bolted on.
I'm still looking at getting some sliders higher up
I saw when you posted pics, how long was delivery its saying August/sept now bit of a long time maybe made to order. Did you ask to see if had colour first you wanted?
Are they worth $300?

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Yea I've got an F with the Yoshi sliders. Even if you repositioned them on another mount on the R, I'm not sure how much they'll protect the fairings as they don't come out that far.

What was the torque spec that you used to put these sliders on?
It's a 10mm bolt. Standard spec for a stainless 10mm is 31 ft/lbs dry. (42 N-m)

Standard torque values are easy to find on Google or in any number of mechanic's references, they are not unique to Honda.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Went to the local track outfitter store today. The frame slider and fender eliminator kits for the CBR500 are not available (at least not in this region yet).

Once I get both, I'll post pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I saw when you posted pics, how long was delivery its saying August/sept now bit of a long time maybe made to order. Did you ask to see if had colour first you wanted?
Are they worth $300?
I wouldn't say they're worth $300, but they do a great job of protecting the engine. I had to wait two weeks to get them in red. You need to send them a message beforehand asking if they have the right colours available. They also arrived within four days. They ship with DHL

·
Registered
259 Posts
21 - 40 of 211 Posts