Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a expensive set of Japanese made "BabyFace" sliders on my NC700X. When I hit an oil patch on a corner, lost the front and low sided at 50mph, the only damage was a nick in the front of the front fender, scratches on the bar end, brake lever and mirror, Light scratch on my peg, and very light scratches on end of my exhaust. The slider literally saved me a good $1000. I was able to order a single new slider, do a little filing and touch-up painting and was literally good to go.

Sliders or engine guards are great investments!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts

No modification need for these. Also good to see how well they hold up in an actually slide. Hope your bike is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably should have mentioned that I have the 2016 model with 2km on it. I'd like to have everything ready before the season starts, but sliders for the new model are hard to find without alteration to the fairings.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm a newbie.... always had custom bikes, but now I have a CBR500R 2016.

Let me ask something ? Sorry if it was already commented, but within 21 pages I couldn't find something about this doubt.

Frame sliders should protect the bikes absorbing the impact, right ? But there are a lot of sliders that are not well designed and on a crash it could even bend the engine or something crucial on our bike, since it may work like a lever.

I't want to put a slider on my bike, but didn't do it yet since I want to find the right one. The one that will protect the bike fairings and not damage any other thing than itself.
I personally prefer loose some fairings than have a bigger problem on a crash.

What to you think about these posted earlier ? The prices are somewhat good, comparing those here, in my country.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

It's nice to meet you all. I've been wanting to ride a motorcycle for a while now, I took the MSF beginners course two years ago but haven't had a chance to own a bike until now. My CBR500R ABS (Red of course since I'm in the US) got delivered yesterday! Since I'm a beginner I would like to install some frame sliders just in case. I've had no luck finding some that would fit this bike. Do any of you know who makes them for this bike and where I can buy them?

Thanks for the help!
frame slidrs are not just for beginners, i got CRG they are god looking and easy to fit - just google CRG!

201 - 212 of 212 Posts