Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you regret not buying frame sliders? I'm thinking about getting it for my 17 CBR500R but $200 for the good brands seems a bit to much to me. any recommendations?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Consider its functionality foremost. I live in the city where sport-bikes are targets. So when I was shopping for a lock chain I spent more on one of Kryptonite's best. It wasn't cheap but its extra tough against a thief with an angle grinder.

Sliders wont always save the bike but the damage will be significantly less, and you may be able to claim it as an accessory on your insurance policy so take a picture and keep the receipt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, I know they will be useful in a soft landing but I cant convince myself to drop $200 on them, that's why I was wondering if someone has used less expensive sliders. I'm sure a hard slide the bike will get damage no matter what. thanks bro!

·
Registered
409 Posts
It is a good point that how much you spend has to be considered against how likely you are to need them and the cost of any damage. $200 could be a bargain. But you should also consider the damage that could be done by using something cheap.

I had R&G crash bungs on my 500F. Thankfully never needed to use them for their intended purpose, but one day I got home to find one missing. It seems the bolt had snapped off, leaving part embedded in the engine case. It could not be unscrewed, so in the end had to be carefully drilled out. And that was from a reputable brand. (To be fair, the work was not that expensive to have done, just time consuming.)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Those were the ones I had, the Aero style ones. I have replaced them now with crash bars, though I can understand not wanting them on a 500R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts