Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first test rode a 500R it had some sliders on it. They were in a horrible position, and had sharp edges. It sliced skin off of my leg when I first got on. Not sure what brand they were but after they cut me the dealer removed them before they bit anyone else...
I bought Moth sliders, they seem nice enough, they dont interfere with my legs so thats a good thing...
This evening I ran to the market to pick up a few things and followed some guy on a 500f and parked next to him. He got off his bike and walked away before I could struggle talking with him. Before I even dismounted I noticed he had some interesting sliders on his bike mounted pretty low and far forward. Then I noticed he has already "used" the sliders... I quick look at the bike and the fuel tank is all scratched up from an apparent slide. My guess is the sliders were mounted so low, that the bike ended up turning turtle.
Makes me wonder how many companies really put any thought into their engineering. At first glance I thought "wow those things are low, that cant be good" then I thought "what the **** do I know" then I saw the damage... hmm do the companies really think about the product or just rush to get their doodads on the market for people who are willing to spend money?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Are there any frame sliders out for the CBR500R? That doesn't need fairing surgery to mount them?

I haven't seen anything on these, and I'm a new rider and likely to drop her at some stage our 12-24 months together.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
See r&g racing they appear to bolt to engine but on the cover bolts dont look to clever to me as its not like on the engine mounting point but fairing remains un-drilled!

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Honda/CBR500R/2013.aspx

For first time in a long time I think I am going to go with out any sliders etc, will most probably drop it in the first week now lol! Or If I was to I think I would drill fairing and fit the engine mounted ones from cb500f.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts