Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rear wheel is all the way to left. I'm assuming its frane damage since it's not lined up. I was wondering since it's the rear tire if I only have to replace the rear frame or also the main aswell or other things I can do I found the rear for $60 and the main for $300 . What are your guys thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
So my rear wheel is all the way to left. I'm assuming its frane damage since it's not lined up. I was wondering since it's the rear tire if I only have to replace the rear frame or also the main aswell or other things I can do I found the rear for $60 and the main for $300 . What are your guys thoughts?
the rear subframe has nothing to do with wheel alignment.if it is bent it can be removed and repaired.the rear wheel is held in place by the swingarm which is part of the main frame.was this bike dropped or in an accident?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was in an accident where I got cut off and the front end of my bike hit the car . And the car flipped. I replaced the forks and triple but my rear tire is way to the left . So it would be my swing arm and main frame ?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Your picture shows the wheel being out of line relative to the license plate holder/splash guard. What you really need to know is if the rear wheel is out of line with respect to the front. A long carpenter's level (or other known-straight implement can tell you that.)

For things to be that out of line you'd need very obvious swing-arm damage; a kink, for example that you would see by inspection.

My guess is that, after impact, the bike came up in the back and fell from height on the left-side, tweaking the rear subframe toward the right, giving the appearance that the rear wheel has been moved to the left. It would be worth pulling all the plastics off and checking the frame anyway, especially up by the headstock where a fork-bending impact could cause bending or cracking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the beginning I checked the frame for any bends , cracks , etc . For a hint to see if it had frame damage but saw nothing . I will take more pictures to show just to see what you think it could be to be certain I'm not just replacing the wrong thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bet the swingarm is tweaked. If you're not super familiar with bike maintenance/disassembly I'd recommend you take it to a bike shop and get them to inspect it. If it took an impact hard enough to do that there could be damage that's not immediately visible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts