Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I have some rust on my fork stem where my ram cell phone holder is inserted . Is this a big deal ? It’s already there so damage done already but how concerned should I be? It’s just a bit loose me then I would like also , may have cut plug just a hair to short . Debating on removing , wrapping w bit of duck tape so I can tighten it up more . It’s not gonna fall out as is but can twist it around some .

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not exactly sure where the rust is? For the loose nut.. Nylon tape may take up the slack, but I'd probably recommend Loctite (Blue).. so it could be loosened later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly sure where the rust is? For the loose nut.. Nylon tape may take up the slack, but I'd probably recommend Loctite (Blue).. so it could be loosened later.
Rust is where ram mount goes into fork stem at top where oem plastic cap used to be before adding ram mount . There is no loose not the ram mount is a bit loose where it tightens up bc rubber plug prob w hair too small. I will try to post a pic later

·
Registered
141 Posts
It is normal to rust in that area, its the steel axle that is attached to the lower Yoke, the bike usually has a plastic cap on it from Honda to hide the nut and any rust, but when you remove the plastic cap to fit a RAM mount rain will collect there and some rust will appear. I would suggest putting a little bit of grease on top of the rust to prevent it getting worse, but it is normal and nothing to worry about.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts