Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 100 miles on her so far, riding her everywhere! The video is nothing special, I bought a GoPro 3 the other day and recorded a little test video. Since noone else in the US seens to have one, maybe this will be of intetest. I'll post more soon. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2013 4:05am | Facebook

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
GoPro is fun isn't it? Thx for the vid. I'm looking forward to one in the daylight so we can see your bike. Looks like the tri. How was the damage from the hooligan who tipped your bike over?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GoPro is fun isn't it? Thx for the vid. I'm looking forward to one in the daylight so we can see your bike. Looks like the tri. How was the damage from the hooligan who tipped your bike over?
Thankfully very minimal, I got lucky. Some scratches on the right side mirror, blinker and barend. There were also a few small scratches on the exhaust, no big deal though since I have my Akrapovic on order :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice riding video, I was hoping for more clarity and cleaner sound in the video, oh well. Still a good GoPro clip. Did you ever own any other GoPro camera's?

Also is your bike ABS or non-ABS?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice riding video, I was hoping for more clarity and cleaner sound in the video, oh well. Still a good GoPro clip. Did you ever own any other GoPro camera's?

Also is your bike ABS or non-ABS?
No this is my first GoPro. It's non-ABS, I don't like Red and this bike only comes in ABS on the red model sadly.

I'll post some daytime video tonight or tomorrow. I recorded a daytime ride earlier today.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Good choice of exhaust. Are you getting the slip on or the full exhaust? Definately post a vid once its on so I can hear as Akra is my choice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the video. Your the first one to actually film a video from a riders point of view on the CBR500R. Must be nice to be an owner but those idiots that made your CBR500R need to die. Can't wait to hear the akrapvoic, where are you buying it from?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
It was pleasant for me to hear the wind rather than the exhaust. :D

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
cool video dark harvest and good to hear that the damage is not that bad.
go for akrapovic man,it looks cool. but let us listen to its sound too!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the video. Your the first one to actually film a video from a riders point of view on the CBR500R. Must be nice to be an owner but those idiots that made your CBR500R need to die. Can't wait to hear the akrapvoic, where are you buying it from?

The only downside to getting my bike so early is that I can't get any accessories or aftermarket parts yet! When I bought my bike at the dealership, they couldn't even order the rear seat cowl yet!

As for the exhaust, I preordered the carbon fiber Akropovic from indysuperbikes.com. They jsut called me to tell me it might be another 2-3 weeks before they actually get shipped to the US! This bike is just too quiet, I'm sure none of the cagers even notice me until I am driving past them.

As for the people who damaged my bike, I wish I could get my hands on them! I saved my hard earned money for months, working extra shifts to pay for it. And it happened the FIRST NIGHT!

·
Registered
89 Posts
No this is my first GoPro. It's non-ABS, I don't like Red and this bike only comes in ABS on the red model sadly.

I'll post some daytime video tonight or tomorrow. I recorded a daytime ride earlier today.
yea i am getting black and as we know U.S. model abs is only red so i am getting a black and waiting a few months until someone has the abs module on ebay:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
It was pleasant for me to hear the wind rather than the exhaust. :D
That must have something to the maturing/aging process! :) I like quite!!
My HJC "Ben Spies" FS-15 is the lightest and noisiest helmet I've ever had.

The day time video sounded pretty good to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts