Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got my bike back, from first 1000 Km service. The total bill, 337 $ this includes, the valve inspection ! just wondering, what others have paid ? Around the same, less more ??

·
Registered
279 Posts
yikes!!! I was told to call and schedule after I hit 500km. Did so and got the first appointment... in two months!!!! I asked how much it will be and was told about $70... hope Im not in for a big surprise.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Just called the dealership to get a price and expected wait time for the first service, the said if I bought the bike through them $210 & about a 3 week wait.
So I called a friend who has his own motorcycle workshop, he uses genuine parts and is able to stamp the log book, so that the Honda new bike warranty isn't void, $160 and could get it in end of next week.
Prices are Australian $

·
Registered
565 Posts
YIKKES!!!... that's loads of money for a simple service. They basically change the oil / filter and do some checks. Taking the peepee if you ask me!

Reactions: Nuvolari

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
We are pretty lucky in Thailand. It is 22.000 thb - around a mere 750 usd - for a full 100.000 km service:D
And paid only 60 usd for parts, labor and all for 1000 km first service including valve clearance check, oil and oil filter change and more and it is a 3 hours job. I love Thailand!

( by the way, have photo of the 100k km price list but exceeding my quota of attachments the forum say. We have only 10 mb space? Very poor number. Please give more quota mods! Otherwise this will be a black and white forum due to very less photos people can post here - no thank you, i dont want to pay to upgrade my membership!)

·
Registered
110 Posts
We are pretty lucky in Thailand. It is 22.000 thb - around a mere 750 usd - for a full 100.000 km service:D
And paid only 60 usd for parts, labor and all for 1000 km first service including valve clearance check, oil and oil filter change and more and it is a 3 hours job. I love Thailand!

( by the way, have photo of the 100k km price list but exceeding my quota of attachments the forum say. We have only 10 mb space? Very poor number. Please give more quota mods! Otherwise this will be a black and white forum due to very less photos people can post here - no thank you, i dont want to pay to upgrade my membership!)
Did you mean $7.50?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

Time to use PHOTOBUCKET and link to your images!
:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got told too go back at around 600miles or 6months for its first service. I asked how much it would be and was told £120.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I got told too go back at around 600miles or 6months for its first service. I asked how much it would be and was told £120.
Sounds about right.. One dealer I spoke to said that the valve check he suggests is 'optional' and most dealers may not really think it's needed at 600 miles.. more like 8,000miles.. The major cost of the first service is the valve check.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
If it says so in owners manual surely it is needed to keep to Honda's service schedule for the warranty. I shall certainly see if my dealer is going to do it and if not ask why etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I paid in 120€ = 150 USD, in Portugal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got mine done a few weeks back. Was the dealers first one they did and they said it was horrible. They had to pretty much entirely dismantle the whole bike to check the valve clearances. Took them 3.5hrs or something...

anyways, $296.00 AUD all up. $189 labour, $20 filter, $48 oil, + misc

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That's quite a long time. I guess we should expect that with more cylinders and valves than the 250 that it'll cost us more in labor, but I'm a little surprised to hear it was a difficult job for them. I thought I read somewhere that allowances were made for easy removal of the valve cover. I'm probably confusing it with something else.

I guess I'd better start talking to my shop to make sure they're already studying up on this, because I gotta get mine in in the next week.

1 - 20 of 481 Posts