Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transferred some of the parts from my cbr250 to cbr500.
If is good that both bikes has the same dimensions of nuts and holes so parts match perfectly.
I transferred foldable levers with reach adjustment, rear footrests, oil cap, brake reservoir cap and some cosmetics. I will transfer the brake protector and some more soon.
Check the photos:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forget to add, all these stuff are from bikers - biker.co.th - and they are about to release some parts for cbr500 but why pay again? So, i just transfer the one that i can and teh rest, i will sell them.
My only pity; i could not install the front pegs as they are half a centimeter short unfortunately:(
i like bikers' design and their aluminum is first grade.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Transferred some of the parts from my cbr250 to cbr500.
If is good that both bikes has the same dimensions of nuts and holes so parts match perfectly.
I transferred foldable levers with reach adjustment, rear footrests, oil cap, brake reservoir cap and some cosmetics. I will transfer the brake protector and some more soon.
Check the photos:
Thanks for sharing and it's definitely a good thing many CBR250 things can be used on the CBR500. Maybe you should start a thread about transferable parts between the two bikes starts with what you have done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice to have some transferable accessories to bring over and fit on the new bike is it. Lookin good, your the first one with the bike here and the first one to have any mods. I like the brake reservoir and levers. have you looked in to getting any flush mounts for the front turn signals?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I want to remove the passenger handles, place a LED backlight, and strip down the rear fender, along with new LED turnsignals. I will also change the levers, change the passenger seat with a seatcowl, and maybe remove the passenger footrests. I also want to change the rear sets to race type sets, and hopefully fit them higher for a more agressive riding position and increased lean! Those track videos makes the bike look ridiculous with the low degree of lean

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
next step for me is the exhaust.
but i am desperately looking for a tailtidy and will remove the handlebars too.
my rear footrests are modular so you can take them all piece by piece and can just keep only the one holding the pipe on track. i am also looking for the seat cowl, the original honda one looks good and some goo clip ons.
i will change the signals of cbr500 with led ones on my cbr250. i personally do not like flush mounts.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
I think for seat cowls the Honda one is the best fitment and have the best paint match. As for the fender eliminator no one has any made up yet but you can cut of the tail and use some universal turning signals for the rear. I don't like flush mounts either, cars hardly notice them so its quite dangerous just left it stock on my cbr250. What type of exhaust are you looking at getting?

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
We do not have many options on pipes now:
Moriwaki, Mugen, Akrapovic and big surprise: Leo Vince updated their website with new pipes for 500 series:D

NSR devil, i do not like cutting any stock part as i change bikes every two year some time and i put back the stock parts if i want to sell it.
Still, i am not thinking of selling the cbr500 although i am looking for n inline four supersport - maybe nin636 recently released in Thailand, expensive though for 20 k USD!!! as it is an import not made in Thailand -
I wil keep cbr500 for a long time as it is sufficient bike - nothing excess which i really do not like excessive power and everything that i cannot use on the streets - and a great commuter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not tryin to start any argument, but these bikes (500r's) arent meant for track use...u can use them for track, but in general it is for daily commuting so the ridiculousness of the riding position is actually for added rider comfort and confidence. Of coarse there is always going to be the option of aftermarkets...(Its never an if only a when they come out with them.) Plus the transferable parts on the 250(if you have one)....which i dont..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
So, I added heated grips, electric plug in for my heated vest (last one sold with my 250)and rear seat cowl for my first mods. Will be on the bike when I pick him up (whenever that is). Yaaaa, my first bike with heated grips. SO looking forward to that. No more cramped up knarly fists that require peeling off the grips at the end of a cold ride:)

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not tryin to start any argument, but these bikes (500r's) arent meant for track use...u can use them for track, but in general it is for daily commuting so the ridiculousness of the riding position is actually for added rider comfort and confidence. Of coarse there is always going to be the option of aftermarkets...(Its never an if only a when they come out with them.) Plus the transferable parts on the 250(if you have one)....which i dont..
of course cbr500r is not a track bike my friend. we all know this but still it can run on the track better than many bikes that goes for 5999 USD - 7999 USD bracket.
Besides, it is better to practice on an easy and predictable bike like a cbr500r as i do not want to trash out a cbr1000 or bmw s1000 on a track for practice period.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, I added heated grips, electric plug in for my heated vest (last one sold with my 250)and rear seat cowl for my first mods. Will be on the bike when I pick him up (whenever that is). Yaaaa, my first bike with heated grips. SO looking forward to that. No more cramped up knarly fists that require peeling off the grips at the end of a cold ride:)
heated grips are sure a very good idea for cold climates, they provide really good comfort during a cold ride.
But i cannot imagine some heated grips in Thailand under 35 degrees Celsius constant temperature whole year round. Finger kebab:)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
@LL.....heated grips are indeed well appreciated in these cold climates and can help extend a comfortable riding season. I've had a heated vest for years and view it as an essential necessity for my locale but have not included heated grips on my previous bikes. FINALLY I'm getting them. Thankfully you don't have to worry about this mod lol

Reactions: loserlazer

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
@M1k3.....re:500r not a track bike. McInnis will be riding a geared up cbr500r in this years IOM-TT in the lightweight category! ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is a great post so far. At least there are some mods that can be brought into the 500 market considering this 500 model was geared at those ready to move up from the 250's to something more powerful but not completely intimidating :) and may sooth the itch for those who can't go without modding something ... anything ... what next?????? LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
of course cbr500r is not a track bike my friend. we all know this but still it can run on the track better than many bikes that goes for 5999 USD - 7999 USD bracket.
Besides, it is better to practice on an easy and predictable bike like a cbr500r as i do not want to trash out a cbr1000 or bmw s1000 on a track for practice period.
yea true that....:):)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts