Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first mod I plan on doing if/when I get the 500
will be to paint the exhaust black with high-temp-grill-stove spray paint.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I plan on giving it a season of riding. At this point I am content with the general looks of the 500r. Which is nice really since I managed to mod my ex ride quite a bit. I'm looking forward to the whisper of an exhaust as compared to the Yoshi on my previous bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also like a quiet exhaust.
But the exhaust on the CBR250R was hard to look at plus it was heavy.
Put on a Leo Vince LV One Evo II.
Nice looking and not really loud.

I'd keep the 500R exhaust which probably isn't loud.
But - just too much silver. Think it would good in black.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I agree with the 250 exhaust. Very fugly so it was gone lickety split and replaced with a full Yosh carbon exhaust and Bazzaz ZFI. After 2 yrs I tired of the dirt bike whine although the bike looked amazing. Thankfully the exhaust is not an eye sore on the 500r

·
Registered
107 Posts
I actually never considered painting the exhaust black, specifically on the CBR500R. Looking at the pic below and picturing the exhaust in black....it will flow nicely with the rest of the bikes color layout.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
I dont mind the stock exhaust so much, ill just replace it with an aftermarket later. The first thing im looking to do is the clutch and brake levers gonna be getting the pazzo levers and also change the turn signals to flush mount ones. Honda didnt do a bad job just wanted a little customization to suit my needs. I love the rims instead of the usual three spoke they really stepped it up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Leo Vince do a carbon exhaust. It'd look 100 times better than a rattle can paint job.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Wow. Did two bros release a pipe for cbr500?
I remember this model, looks good.

Still guys, you are lucky as our bikes in Thailand is coming with an ugly metal cover due to the Thai Industrial Standards to protect the legs burning - exhaust burned legs are common in thailand due to the high use of bikes here.

So, i removed it forever and put two red nuts to protect the pipe from scratches. Looks better for me for now but final solution will be changing it with a good aftermarket pipe:D

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Still guys, you are lucky as our bikes in Thailand is coming with an ugly metal cover due to the Thai Industrial Standards to protect the legs burning - exhaust burned legs are common in thailand due to the high use of bikes here.
yeah good luck meeting a lady here without scars on her legs or arms

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The first mod I plan on doing if/when I get the 500
will be to paint the exhaust black with high-temp-grill-stove spray paint.
The 500 can looks to be SS - how do you paint SS with any hope of it staying painted?

Dave

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'll be changing the indicators for some nice LED ones hopefully..otherwise I'll enjoy it as it is for time being.

(Although an Akrapovic exhaust may be called for, understand Honda actually have an agreement together to honour warranties or something)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow. Did two bros release a pipe for cbr500?
I remember this model, looks good.

So, i removed it forever and put two red nuts to protect the pipe from scratches. Looks better for me for now but final solution will be changing it with a good aftermarket pipe:D
No word from two brothers in releasing anything for any of the Honda CBR500. But they will be later on and for the look and price usually with two brothers i'm sold. Going to wait for them to come out with a slip on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts