Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that some of us are getting our bikes. What will be your first few modifications? Even ones that are not available yet? What will you be looking for?

Just looking for some ideas :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi mate, there is a thread under "Appearance and Body" with same heading and some responses if that helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a whole list of what I'm going to do on my black CBR500R, and here it is:

*Red rimtape on the rims (already ordered!)

*Bagster tank protection (black leather)

*Frame protectors

*Remove the rear passenger handles

*Add a seat cowl

*Slip-on/full system - Yoshimura carbon

*Paint the aluminium cover over the catalyst black with heat paint

*Add a sticker to the front suspension (I know it could look cheesy real easy, but I found a sticker that fits real well and it makes the suspension not look so cheap)

*Gearindicator with blue LCD to match the tachometer

*A new LED backlight as I dont like the original one

*Maybe a xenon kit?

*Remove passenger footrests and replace it with a footrest eliminator bracket on the exhaust side, and a cover brackette on the other side (r&g makes them, so they exist)

*New race type rear sets

*Tint the windscreen

*Tint the headlights (tint film ordered!)

*Tankpad with "CBR" inscripted

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bmkristiansen -- Good Lord you have a Christmas list already!!

I just got my CB500F yesterday.

- Shortest Windshield that is released will be going on (Darkest Tint Possible)
- Tank Pad (Already ordered and paid for from EBAY)
- I think for sure the rear cowl but black not red like the rest of the bike
- I'm nor sure I love the cheap looking levers. I might look at getting some black ones.

- I like the stock exhaust and will be keeping it ...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Suspension set up for my wieght.
Rear seat cowl
Remove pillion passeneger foot rests
Fender eliminator to clean up the rear
Akpro carbon slip on
Rear sets when nice ones become available.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why would u need a gear indicator?? Our bikes indicate N which is all u really need, or am I missing something???
Not flaming anyone just curious.
Cheers.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It helps avoid the 'shifting up to a non exist gear' issue, which on my previous bike I found myself doing. It had 5 gears and on the motorway I sometimes would try change gear without realising I was in the top gear.

I guess it's unlikely to happen on the CB500's as wanting a 7th gear will mean doing excess 100mph most probably which of course none of us will be doing on the roads ;).

That said, I love dials and crave as much info as possible from the dash (without distractions of course!).

·
Registered
146 Posts
I support the last post. To answer your question, as far as I know, you have to order a specific model of the indicator (depending of what kind of bike it is). Then you have to plug it in "somewhere" and just find a nice place on the dash to place it.

Check out this website for more information;

http://www.bikehps.com/gipro/

·
Registered
20 Posts
It helps avoid the 'shifting up to a non exist gear' issue, which on my previous bike I found myself doing. It had 5 gears and on the motorway I sometimes would try change gear without realising I was in the top gear.

I guess it's unlikely to happen on the CB500's as wanting a 7th gear will mean doing excess 100mph most probably which of course none of us will be doing on the roads ;).

That said, I love dials and crave as much info as possible from the dash (without distractions of course!).
I actually have a gear indicator for my cbr250r, It does help if your a newer rider not being use to counting or knowing which gear your in. I have the Healtech gear indicator. I wonder if I can take of the cbr250r and use it on the cbr500R?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You could look at changing up the sprocket set for that.

I think when I get it I'll just take it easy and get use to bike first. If I do end up getting bored of the acceleration then i'll consider changing up the sprockets later.

I might get an exhaust to have other drivers on the road notice me riding beside them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought my 2014 CB500F (White) ten days ago. Here's what I have planned so far:
-Red Rim Tape
-Fender Eliminator Kit
-Plastie Dip Exhaust (Possibly) I would do it black if not Id keep it chrome
-Extra Red Stuff
-Nothing else really

1 - 14 of 14 Posts