Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great ride this weekend. The weather was perfect, besides the 20mph north winds. My front brake is broke in well now. I did notice heading into the wind I had a bit of wheel wobble at 60mph. Although I can say the bike pulled well while heading into the wind. No sore muscles or back to talk about, seems I am out of practice and come from the V-twin cruiser world. I was given some advice about riding sport bike. Always ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs and use your legs to help keep you up. And don't lock your arms or use them to support yourself. Worked well for me as far as I can tell. Leaned into a couple twistys, what a nice bike for that. Handles well for a noob. I cant wait for another bike weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Good on you!.. riding style is really important and takes time to feel your way. A lot of people are also too tight with their fists when first riding which causes untold discomfort. Guess it's all about being relaxed and relatively confident on the bike. Another general mistake is resting the right foot to far forward on the peg and actually leaning on the brake pedal.. not good at all!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I concur about the balls of your feet on the pegs tip- although since I mostly use my bike in traffic at the 25-45 mph range I usually have my left foot permanently resting under the shifter :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts