Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my CB500F last weekend. It is amazing. I upgraded from a rebel 250 and wow this thing is quick in comparison. So far I have just over 100 miles on it.

I will mainly use it for commuting to work, about 40 miles each way, it is smooth on the freeway, cruising at 75 with about 6K RPMs. I have been getting just about 50 MPG. It will be interesting to see how the real MPG holds up to the indicated.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Lovely bike and lovely colour (;)) too...

(I'm finding the 'naked' F is fine up until abt 70mph then the wind does make it a little unstable but nothing major and to be expected on such a bike).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been waiting for the CB500F to come to dealerships near me in Pittsburgh. Every time I stop by they give me the run around pushing the date of availability back. I hope you are enjoying yours!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got my CB500F last weekend. It is amazing.
cruising at 75 with about 6K RPMs.
congrats on the new ride. i do like the look of the F but how do you find the wind on the hwy?

and thank you for listing the 75(mph) and 6k rpm. That kind of data is important to me and helpful in my decision on which bike to get next.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
congrats on the new ride. i do like the look of the F but how do you find the wind on the hwy?

and thank you for listing the 75(mph) and 6k rpm. That kind of data is important to me and helpful in my decision on which bike to get next.
Thanks.
Its not bad on the hwy tho after about 65 mph the wind get a little uncomfortable but not too bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just bought mine in south florida. Can't wait to get it tomorrow. Got the black one. The dealer says they are supposed to be getting like four next week. This one just showed up today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Washington. Put a deposit down last week, picking her up this Friday. Called just about every dealer in western Washington and Oregon all of which said late May or June timeframe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday. My first bike so I am not speaking from experience but this thing is awesome. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, very new to this forum... i just bought 500FABS and looking to connect with the same group... I am in IL. also would like to know total inclusive price you paid for yours... mine was listed at 5999 and the total out of the door i paid was 7999.... is this 200K additional as freight and some other charges normal??

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Welcome aboard, folks! Congrats on the new bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Guys, very new to this forum... i just bought 500FABS and looking to connect with the same group... I am in IL. also would like to know total inclusive price you paid for yours... mine was listed at 5999 and the total out of the door i paid was 7999.... is this 200K additional as freight and some other charges normal??
Seems high, even for sales tax, licensing, shipping & prep (some dealers ignore shipping and prep, should be built into the price) or may charge it but cut you a discount elsewhere to get your OTD price back near list plus tax and license.

With a brand new bike, there isn't much of a need to offer discounts, but, I think your dealer was a stealer.

Compare here: http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/honda-cbr500-dealers-pricing/

·
Registered
2 Posts
John, thanks.. maybe you are right, in over excitement looks like I paid him more.. none the less I love the bike.
I found that there is no main lower stand , only the side stand..is this usual...
how can i get one little cheaper... dealer is asking for 250 USD...!!

·
Registered
110 Posts

Just thought I would chime in on this...

I am really surprised at how well the CBR250 and CB500F handle the highway, I had the 250 at 80 and it barely moved with wind bursts... The 500 I have had at 75 and it was slightly worse than the 250 but, still not bad at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts