Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my 2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX500 for the new 2013 Honda CBR500... i have to say i am thoroughly impressed. My main motivation for switching to the CBR was the electronic fuel injection. I am not of fan of carbureted performance.

First Impressions:
- Comfortable ride position. First ride was a breeze and was impressed with how quickly i took to the bike.
- Phenomenally smooth operation. Both in ride/suspension and engine/transmission performance.
- Great acceleration for the 500cc class. The bike operates flawlessly at all RPMs. Highway speeds are no issue, either (she got to 108 in 6th, still had a little room in the RPMs before redline)
- Light and agile. The old EX500 seems so clunky in hind sight. This bike can be maneuvered effortlessly and takes curves very well.

The one aspect i do not care for with this bike: It's SUPER quiet. Not that i want to be obnoxiously loud, but having some sort of audible depiction to inattentive divers that I am around would be nice. Overall, though, I am extremely happy with my purchase. Honda has a very satisfied customer.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Awesome. I quite like the exhaust. I will definately take the thing on the highway. Congrats on your new ride

Was your top speed in km's or mph?

·
Registered
157 Posts
thanks for ride report. keep them coming. congrats on new bike.

one thing tho, i sure hope that "108" was mph

·
Registered
565 Posts
Congratulations and nice one.. good write up too.

Glad to see you are running it in smoothly too ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I traded my 2009 Kawasaki Ninja EX500 for the new 2013 Honda CBR500... i have to say i am thoroughly impressed. My main motivation for switching to the CBR was the electronic fuel injection. I am not of fan of carbureted performance.

First Impressions:
- Comfortable ride position. First ride was a breeze and was impressed with how quickly i took to the bike.
- Phenomenally smooth operation. Both in ride/suspension and engine/transmission performance.
- Great acceleration for the 500cc class. The bike operates flawlessly at all RPMs. Highway speeds are no issue, either (she got to 108 in 6th, still had a little room in the RPMs before redline)
- Light and agile. The old EX500 seems so clunky in hind sight. This bike can be maneuvered effortlessly and takes curves very well.

The one aspect i do not care for with this bike: It's SUPER quiet. Not that i want to be obnoxiously loud, but having some sort of audible depiction to inattentive divers that I am around would be nice. Overall, though, I am extremely happy with my purchase. Honda has a very satisfied customer.
Which CBr500 did you end up getting? was it the F/R or X?

I know what you mean by the sound it is rather a quiet bike from what I can see. It could be just a tad louder but if you want to be noticed by others maybe an aftermarket slip on or full system would help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do notice that the 500 is quieter than previous 250 but it has an interesting low-bass deep exhaust rumble to it that you can really feel. but I doubt it's heard from outside of the bike.. I will be adding exhaust when a nice affordable one comes around!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts