Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bike sounds impressive with all the work that's been done. Though some pictures would be nice. So how much $ did it cost to put all those in?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Would like to know what the suspension upgrades would cost !

Bike handles very well most of the time but shows the suspension limits when pushed hard

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
^ don't you think the Leo Vince go corsa would make a little more power? Not trying to be a smart ass or anything I mean it as a honest question!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dunno
Gotta wait for Leo's Dyno chart to be released

Be interesting to see what exhaust & PC V dyno results show....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I fear the days of the huge HP gains from adding a full exhaust & high flow air filter are gone
I bet on this bike, if you can get 5% increase (2-3 HP) you're doing good

That being said, saving weight from OEM to aftermarket will help performance too
I'm guessing you can drop 8-12 lbs by getting rid of that huge heavy OEM exhaust & CAT
by going to a full system ( like the one Leo Vince makes)
Somebody once told me dropping 10 lbs was like gaining 1 HP

Reactions: CBR_Dave

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
There are dynoes of leo vince at their website and here too. A couple of hps only but their lv model pipe is adding more power.

And for ohlins rear shock, it costs around 800 - 900 usd but adreani cartridges for front fork it is around 1000 usd. Pricey but you go much more faster with more confidence more than extra hps. Still you dont want to use them on a hard way on bumpy roads as you might damage them out of track.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The LV pipe doesn't add any max HP at all over stock pipe from looking at their chart. It only adds a pony or two in the mid range. I agree with CNI above. The gains will only onme from a PCV, especially as this allows screwing with timing, which I bet is very retarded to time down the HP (to meet A2 specks) and boost economy - just like in the 250R: little to no gains from a pipe on its own, a pony or two from a DFC, and a few more with a PCV with the timing advanced.

Dave

·
Registered
79 Posts
The LV pipe doesn't add any max HP at all over stock pipe from looking at their chart. It only adds a pony or two in the mid range. I agree with CNI above. The gains will only onme from a PCV, especially as this allows screwing with timing, which I bet is very retarded to time down the HP (to meet A2 specks) and boost economy - just like in the 250R: little to no gains from a pipe on its own, a pony or two from a DFC, and a few more with a PCV with the timing advanced.

Dave
I actually started a thread on the timing issue, and I would ecstatic if you could maybe provide some insight.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I actually started a thread on the timing issue, and I would ecstatic if you could maybe provide some insight.
Head over to th cbr250.net forum and search for PCV. Not a lot of info, but some :) the EU Junior cup bikes have PCVs fitted, so we know there will be one for us :)

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
If someone posts the dyno of a junior cup bike, i would be a very happy rider.
And cbrdave, check the torque charts too. Besides nobody is expecting miracles only from a pipe still 2 hp at the midrange is good enough better than nothing/stock lets say!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If someone posts the dyno of a junior cup bike, i would be a very happy rider.
So would I!

And cbrdave, check the torque charts too. Besides nobody is expecting miracles only from a pipe still 2 hp at the midrange is good enough better than nothing/stock lets say!
I did look at both :) HP is TQ x rpm, so that's why there is only a bump in HP in the mid range, as that's where the only bump in TQ is :) (low-mid range)

I agree a mid-range TQ/HP bump of 2 HP is good, but it isn't going to get you much in flat out acceleration where you get the rpm to 8000 in the first 1 second and stay between 8-9000rpm the rest of the time ;-)

It will make it even more friendly and fun to ride though when rolling around cruising the twisties :)

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts