Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2016 cb500f and I love it, been riding dirt bikes for about 14 years and I've only been on the street for 2 so I picked up a cb500f because I loved the look. However, it is lacking in power. I was wondering if possible when the bike is paid off, if another engine would fit in the frame. I was thinking a duke 690 or husqavarna 701 engine would fit because they're both parallel twin engines, don't say get a bigger bike because due to some loop hole my insurance on this bike is next to nothing. Plus I love the look and design, any thoughts from y'all?

· Registered
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
1,278 Posts
For the amount of cutting and chopping and fab needed to do to swap in a bigger more powerful engine into the frame maybe it'd be worth putting a small turbo (IHI RHB31, for example), set to a few pounds of boost, on the OE engine. Still some fab but you wouldn't be cutting hard points on the frame. You'd need to tune it and might need to work the fuel system a bit but a new engine is going to need a whole new harness etc anyway...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts