Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
1,235 Posts
Misfiring under load is often a sign of a weak spark. You might consider pulling the leads off the spark plugs and checking for moisture or corrosion in the plug boot.

Check the condition of the ignition coils. Check the laminations of the core for rusting or separation near the coil body. Check for corrosion at the spade terminals.

Remove the plugs; check for carbon tracking, dirt/moisture/oil on the insulator. Check the condition of the electrodes; gap, sharpness of electrodes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It continues to sputter while not under load. At an idle, it will go from idling fine, to idling rough, to sputtering, to ultimately killing itself. That's while stopped at a red light with clutch pulled in the whole time, or in neutral.

·
Registered
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
1,235 Posts
You might have a fuel delivery issue (clogged filter, bad pump etc), a big vacuum leak (cracked or loose throttle body connections, vacuum leak etc).
Try spraying a little bit of ether ("Quick Start") around the base of the throttle bodies while the engine is idling; if you note a distinct change in how the engine runs you probably have a vacuum leak that needs fixing.

Are all the recalls completed on the bike?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi hows it going? Ive recently purchased a 2013 cbr500r and it has started to have an issue. It mainly happens when Im accelerating but sometimes while just cruising aswell. The engine will sort of stutter/shudder and I lose power then it sort of kicks back in. Anyone have any ideas as to what it might be? Greatly appreciate your help.
Hello this is what is happening to me know I'm not sure if your still around but can you explain how you fixed this issue?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts