Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted puig side downforce spoilers and if so can you post a picture please

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Iv just ordered a set

·
Registered
CB500X 2017, V-Strom 650
48 Posts
Just looked on Puig web but no technical info regarding real aerodynamic effect. No polar curve, no graph, no single number at all🤔

I'm curious about the result. However I wouldn't expect too much, maybe racier aestetics.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the look of them I pick them up next week and as soon as they are fitted I will post a picture

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Just looked on Puig web but no technical info regarding real aerodynamic effect. No polar curve, no graph, no single number at all🤔

I'm curious about the result. However I wouldn't expect too much, maybe racier aestetics.
Because there is no tangible benefits, they are purely for aesthetics. The winglets are ineffective at producing downforce at anything below 100mph/160kph. At that speed these bikes are running out of puff, you certainly won't need any downforce adding to stop it from popping a wheelie at that speed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m not a fast rider my partner thinks I’m too slow when me and him go out for a ride ,the wings are to make my bike look a bit different from others ...when I’m out riding with my other female friends on there bikes ..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Because there is no tangible benefits, they are purely for aesthetics. The winglets are ineffective at producing downforce at anything below 100mph/160kph. At that speed these bikes are running out of puff, you certainly won't need any downforce adding to stop it from popping a wheelie at that speed.
they are not purely for aesthetics! they add drag! so technically ... they help with braking ;) :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I’ve fitted them first impression ugly,,,it’s raining so no test ride today. My other half said he thinks it may cause a front end wobble but we will see ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts