Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a tri-colour cbr500r, very tempted by silver, but then saw white is pearlescent/metallic gold flecks in with it also stand out on road to!

Next thing what mods first lol, a hugger first me thinks!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good choice lee. On seeing all four side by side in my opinion my preference was Black first, Tri Colour, Red and Silver last. Hope you don't have to wait too long to get her.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers all, next Friday 24th or Saturday to pick up, got the reg number etc today, now to just wait, so far ordered R&G rad cover as find usually the rad is left un-protected and first thing to get stone dings etc!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nice one mate.. just in time for the bank holiday too.. (of course it will p*ss it down!)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Grats! My first 'mod' is the blue reflective rim tape I just ordered. Think it will look great on the tricolor.

·
Registered
62 Posts
WHA?

First off - Well done Lee - hope you enjoy the bike.

I'm interested in how quickly you're getting the bike - my formal order was processed on 22 April, and I don't even have a delivery date! All I'm getting told is that they're listed as back order with no sign of a delivery date.

Are you ordering from Fowlers, as you alluded to before?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WHA?

First off - Well done Lee - hope you enjoy the bike.

I'm interested in how quickly you're getting the bike - my formal order was processed on 22 April, and I don't even have a delivery date! All I'm getting told is that they're listed as back order with no sign of a delivery date.

Are you ordering from Fowlers, as you alluded to before?
Thanks, sure will looks wicked!

I guess Fowlers get a lot of stock as said can get any one in a week or 2, today i got to pick my reg and got chassis number etc, and stock number allocated mine to be built for pick up next fri/sat could of been earlier i think but im waiting for monies etc.
I saw atleast 3 white cbr500r's and a few f's to all waiting to go, and mine must be in a crate i guess.
So certainly seems no supply problems there, is yours a main dealer?
I was worried there be a shortage going by how popular they are.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, it's a main dealer as far as I know - Norton Way Honda in Letchworth, Herts. Listed as a dealer on Honda's website. I rang them today, and the chap told me he checked online whilst I was on the phone - told me still listed as a back order with no delivery date. Hurrumph. :(

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ahh thats crap, i imagine fowlers probably get a big stock alocation because of there size, but your dealer should be able to get to and tell you when, have they sold any others?

I would phone fowlers or next closest dealer and see wat they say.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you know, that's exactly what I did the next day. Spoke to nice man at Fowlers, and it turns out it's my fault really - I shouldn't have ordered a silver one, as its a supply issue for that colour. Fowlers gave me the same vague response as my dealer, Norton Way.

Happily, I can now report that I have a confirmed delivery date! Arriving at the dealer on 6 June, to be picked up ASAP after that.

Nearly there...........

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you know, that's exactly what I did the next day. Spoke to nice man at Fowlers, and it turns out it's my fault really - I shouldn't have ordered a silver one, as its a supply issue for that colour. Fowlers gave me the same vague response as my dealer, Norton Way.

Happily, I can now report that I have a confirmed delivery date! Arriving at the dealer on 6 June, to be picked up ASAP after that.

Nearly there...........
That was my second choice! Demo was silver looked very nice sporty but smart, went for white in effort to be seen more to just hope all the red/blue stickers are laqured over.
So which colour? Lol

I should get mine tommorow:):D:D:);)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Enjoy tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts