Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scream and shout into your helmet when you pull that throttle? I'm loving this bike and right now...so glad nobody can hear me screaming in my lid! if you want...you can fly on these bikes! Loving every second of it. 4 hours on the roads today and topped 135KPH on the 500F. it's windy after that! Loving the new tyres and the twisties! :D

Happy Days!!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I get excited just reading posts like this...knowing what a great time people are having on these bikes, and knowing at some point soon I will be screaming in MY lid.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Scream and shout into your helmet when you pull that throttle? I'm loving this bike and right now...so glad nobody can hear me screaming in my lid! if you want...you can fly on these bikes! Loving every second of it. 4 hours on the roads today and topped 135KPH on the 500F. it's windy after that! Loving the new tyres and the twisties! :D

Happy Days!!!!
What a great feeling, am I reading this right, new tyres already? Or do you just mean new bike with new tyres?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
So, direct comparo between the Pirelli's and the stock tires... big diff? What came stock?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DUNLOP D222 stock tyres...and now Pirelli Diablo's. Really hard for me as a noob rider to tell much difference as each day i ride i feel more comfortable and push it a little more. But they seem great and have good tread for when it rains. More so than the Dunlops. So far I'm just happy with them!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I sing to myself all the time while I'm riding.. I have no idea why, haha. I'm either doing that, or cursing at morons in cars or the occasional stuck-up Harley rider that refuses to wave back :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
We have had so much rain I have only been able to put on 99 KM on the bike since Monday when it was delivered. But every second on the bike I am enjoying the **** out of it.

The stock tires seem decent but I have little riding experience but they stick good pretty good in the corners. If tomorrow is n ice I am going to take the bike down the highway to my new place and there is some good backroad twisties to try out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Big vs. Little

I've had all kinds of bikes. Everything from Harley's to Goldwings and big liter plus sport bikes. They were all good bikes but they weren't always fun to ride. To me a bike should be three things, quick, light, and cheap. This new CB500 is all of that!

I'm using my CB500F as a commuter bike here in Los Angeles. The traffic here is awful most days. Now I have a small, light bike to zip in and out and lane split with. It's easy to ride, the power band is nice and wide and the motor is smooth. And the transmission is all Honda snickety goodness!

Love love loving this bike!

They say its more fun to ride a small bike fast than to ride a big bike slow. This bike confirms that phrase!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yup, I had money down on an X as far back as mid April. Already been waiting a while.
Me puts monies down on my CBR500R towards the end of April.
Waiting only makes it that much sweeter when it arrives!
:D
Gives us a reason to go on LIVING!

Enjoying all the positive feedback from the folks who have theirs already.
W00T! W00T!
:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts