Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would imagine some of you on here tank bags or fender bags. Just wanted to see how everyone's look like on their CBR500. Post up some pictures, discuss or recommended a good one ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
well it is not exactly a tank bag but I was thinking of fabricating something like this to for my bike :)

image from BikeHacks
Lol, that's the first I've ever seen of that. Personally I just wear a backpack. I work downtown so I'm a little paranoid about leaving a bag on my bike on the street.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I picked up the honda tank bag for a little under $30. It... works.... It is magnetic with wing flaps, comes with bungies (gotta cut em off before I scratch the tank), has a map pocket. But it seems kinda cheap to me and doesnt fit the tank that well. I was in Malaysia last week and found a pretty nice bag for a bit under $200. Very nice construction. Sorry I cant remember the name...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have a Cortech tail bag and an Ogio back pack. Both have served me well on overnights as well as shopping sprees.
I also have an Icon Urban tank bag capable of holding the kitchen sink. Magnets hold it to the tank or it can be used as a backpack. I use it for other travel ie carry on luggage. It's so bloody big it takes up my comfy zone on the bike

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I'd recommend avoiding the Bell magnetic bag (sold at Walmart for ~$30-35) as it is very basic and the map area is leaky.

Reactions: NakdWhtnonABS

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is the Tank Bag that I want .... Cortech Micro. I plan on using my cell phone as my GPS with a set of bluetooth headphones so I can hear the instructions.

I'm glad this thread was started as I need to explore my options. i had ordered this bag via ebay and got a warning that the seller was under investigation and paypal refunded my money ... now I'm searching around for another deal ...

Post the pictures away ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is the Tank Bag that I want .... Cortech Micro. I plan on using my cell phone as my GPS with a set of bluetooth headphones so I can hear the instructions.

I'm glad this thread was started as I need to explore my options. i had ordered this bag via ebay and got a warning that the seller was under investigation and paypal refunded my money ... now I'm searching around for another deal ...

Post the pictures away ;)
I like cortech products they seem have quality product for a good price. I have the Lattigo RR air boots from them. You should consider those boots too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got the genuine Honda one for about $120 AUD. It's a lot bigger than the pics i saw online. Can fit all my wet weather gear in there and shoes as well.

Makes throwing a leg over a little tricky though...
It looks nice :) I like my backpack for the 'rear' type storage although I might need to find a way to put my tent ... sleeping bag and some overnight clothes on the bike ... that could lead to some serious adventures :)

Reactions: bambams

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got the genuine Honda one for about $120 AUD. It's a lot bigger than the pics i saw online. Can fit all my wet weather gear in there and shoes as well.

Nice looking bag .. and your first pic fired up my jealousy all over again. Man, I wish Ford would bring the Falcon to the States!

·
Registered
20 Posts

does that bag fit on all three cbr500s? Looks like a nice bag for those long trips to store more equipment. Looks like there is more than enough space. Need to do more stretches though to throw the leg over lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice looking bag .. and your first pic fired up my jealousy all over again. Man, I wish Ford would bring the Falcon to the States!
Wow, well spotted haha. Falcon's on it's last legs over here unfortunately... they reckon it'll be gone between 2014-2016, likely replaced by some front wheel drive V6 based on a Taurus *shudder*

does that bag fit on all three cbr500s? Looks like a nice bag for those long trips to store more equipment. Looks like there is more than enough space. Need to do more stretches though to throw the leg over lol.
It looks like it would fit the CB500F without any problems, looks like it has the same rear seat. The CB500X though... no idea whats under that big single seat, so i dunno.

The pic shows the rear strap wraps around the seat itself, and the front straps for to 2 existing bolts under the seat.

This bag is actually for the 250, i just thought i'd try my luck and it works a treat on the 500.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Motodry triplex for me, three removable tiers and side pockets.
Amazing little bag, use the two bottom tiers for the daily commute and add the third tier for long(er) trips. Full kit fits tools, wet weather gear and clean clothes for a weekend trip.

Reactions: bambams

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I use the Rapid Transit Recon 19 on the VFR it fits ok on the CBR but the hazards & the horn will hit the bag at full lock.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am not a big fan of tank bags as i feel it will scratch it and they are not big enough anyway. I prefer backpacks when i am riding in city or on short trips.

It looks nice :) I like my backpack for the 'rear' type storage although I might need to find a way to put my tent ... sleeping bag and some overnight clothes on the bike ... that could lead to some serious adventures :)
Here is a tailbag that i used on my 2600km trip. i would recomand it as it's under $100 on amazon, well made and can fit a lot in it

here is the bag alone...

Motorcycle Tail Bag Sport TS3200 Deluxe by Saddlemen

1 - 20 of 70 Posts