Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend the fitting of a fly screen, and if they help with wind at higher speeds. Don't want to fit one for the cosmetics side of it. I fancy the new generation Givi screen.

·
Registered
237 Posts
And I have a great product that you can sell that will make you a millionaire.
It physics. How can a piece of plastic that is down by the speedometer keep highways speed winds from hitting you in the face or lower. Cant be done!!

·
Registered
2018 Suzuki GSXS-1000F
342 Posts
I had the Puig on my F and it helped far more than I realized. When I took it off and rode the bike for an hour at highway speed to the dealer to trade in, it was very apparent how much it helped. Does it completely shield you, no, but it does help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fly Screens deflect wind to the tip of a tall riders helmet, and stop the constant smashing you get from a naked bike on motorways and duel carriageways over 60mph. If you’re a shorter rider and tuck in, a fly screen can deflect wind to miss your helmet altogether.
The massive difference is that you’ll get an extra 10 mpg and a more comfortable ride. If fly screens made no difference then nobody would buy them innit blud. :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update on the Kappa fly screen. Done a few rides now mostly windy, without the screen I would sometimes feel no wind and other times real buffeting and a sensation of the bike struggling a bit. Now I get the same wind blast on my chest no matter what the weather, but it's not intrusive. So I would say it's a success given the fact it catches a load of flies as well. 😁

1 - 19 of 19 Posts