Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this... Anyhow yesterday looking at my bike I noticed the from rotor seemed dirty/ scratched like it was pretty well used. I whipped my finger on it and my finger came away dirty. On cars I used to clean up after a break job with starting fluid. I haven't seen (or really looked) any here in Bangkok, anyone have suggestions for best way to clean and WHY they would be dirty to begin with (just new and shop didn't clean it after unboxing?)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure where to post this... Anyhow yesterday looking at my bike I noticed the from rotor seemed dirty/ scratched like it was pretty well used. I whipped my finger on it and my finger came away dirty. On cars I used to clean up after a break job with starting fluid. I haven't seen (or really looked) any here in Bangkok, anyone have suggestions for best way to clean and WHY they would be dirty to begin with (just new and shop didn't clean it after unboxing?)
u can get brake parts cleaner from any automotive store autozone,advanced auto parts,napa auto parts........ect.

And most likely has been in a room that is dusty while being shipped or the brakes wearing in and leaving residue for some reason??? The process of elimination is what i always start with when trying to figure something out.

·
Registered
582 Posts
u can get brake parts cleaner from any automotive store autozone,advanced auto parts,napa auto parts........ect.

And most likely has been in a room that is dusty while being shipped or the brakes wearing in and leaving residue for some reason??? The process of elimination is what i always start with when trying to figure something out.
I think DDP resides in Thailand, so it's not that easy.

It would really help if members put their location under their username, as Honda are an international company and this is an international forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts