Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my bike CBR500RA for about a week now and I have already been trying to shift into 7th gear... I was wondering if anyone knew of a digital gear indicator that I could install so I can know what gear I am in. Also does anyone know if it is easy to install yourself or should I take it to a professional to install?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i'm doing the same thing. looking for that extra gear. i think we are out of luck on a gear indicator. i'm trying to match mph with the tach in top gear so i will quit feeling like a fool searching for 7th.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Enough display panels to make the 500 look like the space shuttle!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was just looking at the 'F' display and locating one of those gear indicators is going to be interesting.. not much room to play with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Healtech gear indicator is easy to install my friend has it on his cbr600rr pretty straight forward install and your could pretty much fit it anywhere with out having to fabricate a bracket to hold it. All you need is double sided tape.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Looks cool - not sure I would be messing about at 2am though ;)

I'm playing with locations on the 'F' as space is really limited on the dash.

Reactions: NakdWhtnonABS

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I thought this was completely unnecessary at first, but after trying to shift into 7th on multiple occasions, I'm considering purchasing one. The only problem I'm having is trying to justify if it is worth $150.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I thought that was just me being a noob.........but i would love to know what gear I'm in. The engine is so quiet and the Revs don't really give too much away. seems trying to remember all my shifts doesn't work. Yesterday i pulled a tight corner thinking i was in 2nd but it chugged so i was in 3rd...... NOOB! Haha....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just bought one and found out they are local too. Cost me $150 delivered.

Well worth it for a noob i reckon and easy to fit....apparently! :)
It does look like an easy fit from what has been said. Where abouts are you going to locate it?. That's the major issue I have.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I've seen the healtech on another CBR before - it seems to work well and it doesn't stand out too much. Small unit. Apparently easy to install and not too expensive. I believe it should work for the 500.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Looks goood but still begs the question why oh why was it not included in the display to start with! I have only ever had it on a BMW now its more common on Jap bikes to. As this a learner type bike to would of thought it be even more likely on there, display has everything else to would not think it of cost honda much to add in.

On saying that expect I will get one to as always find myself tryin to find seventh or think im in a gear and in another, not good if you are in a higher gear than think so and open it up in wet/slippy conditions.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Looks pretty decent... thanks for posting the picture. The location options are difficult - shame really but guess that's the best place for it really.

(cute dog btw).

1 - 20 of 234 Posts