Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, i can't find the answer in the search function.

I have a 500R that cannot be used on the road, and will be using it on the track only. I am going to buy braided lines and plan to go straight from master cylinder to caliper and bypass the ABS. I will then remove the ABS unit.

I'm sure the bike will throw error lights at me, but besides that, if i also pull the fuse, is there any other system that will be affected?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i'm anticipating the lamp, that shouldnt really bother me. I was more interested to see anyone elses experience relating to losing speedo or the computer chucking a fit and refusing to start etc.
I don't expect any problems, and am in the process of ordering non abs braided lines now.
Turns out the manufacturer I ordered from doesn't have a scematic for non abs braided lines for a 2018 500R and havn't even come across an order for abs lines before either on that model.
Hard to beleive i'm the first person to attempt to remove ABS from a 2018 500R before, but if that's the case i'll update the thread with my struggles as i go, to complete the archives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts