Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently am doing a bunch of needed upgrades to my bike and thought I would change out the OEM front turn signals for flush mounts. I recently came across a pair from Motodynamics for the 2013-2015 CBR500R.

Even though they are 2013-2015, would they fit a 2016 model? The two generations use the same turn signal and the hole looks like the same size. Anyone tried them out?

·
Registered
371 Posts
No Idea.

As an old misery, I'd just like to point out that indicators, particularly front ones, are there to be seen, and to show clearly to other road users your intentions. Replacing the stock ones with something that's harder to see isn't something I'd do.

I'll qualify that with an admission that, thirty plus years ago when it was legal to do so in the UK, I'd have happily have just removed the indicators completely rather than fix a broken switch or repair/replace a broken light unit, so I'm a fine one to talk really.:grin:

·
Registered
172 Posts
No Idea.

As an old misery, I'd just like to point out that indicators, particularly front ones, are there to be seen, and to show clearly to other road users your intentions. Replacing the stock ones with something that's harder to see isn't something I'd do.

I'll qualify that with an admission that, thirty plus years ago when it was legal to do so in the UK, I'd have happily have just removed the indicators completely rather than fix a broken switch or repair/replace a broken light unit, so I'm a fine one to talk really.:grin:
That's cause 30+ years ago, we were both 10ft tall and bulletproof. And I for one, occasionally did pee into the wind! Admittedly, Not the smartest thing to do. Oh well, live and learn. :laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Idea.

I agree that the front ones are pretty important. It's actually why I wanted the Motodynamic turn signals because they stick out a bit and can still be seen unlike the TST ones. I have ended up biting the bullet and bought them to figure out my question.

The short version is that out of the box, the 2013-2015 CBR500R Motodynamic flush mount blinkers will not fit the 2016+ CBR500R without a bit of modification. While the blinker forms perfectly to the fairing, the mounting bolt will be too short. The mounting bolt is heat-push fitted in meaning its heated then pushed into a hole in the plastic of the blinker. To make it fit with the 2016+ model, you have to remove the bolt by heating it up until it pulls out and replacing it with a bolt of the appropriate length. I used a soldering iron to heat the bolt.

After the small modification they fit excellent, look good, and remain able to be seen easily from the front or side of the bike. Hopefully this helps anyone who was on the fence about these like I was. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here are some picture of the TST flush mount turn signals on my bike. They work very well, I've had no issues with them in any way. I got the smoked ones, the led lights are really bright when blinking.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts