Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent $219.00 on a Motorcycle Battery, here's my story

So I'm out riding my Seriously Naked CB500F having a great ride exploring the backroads of PA and find a great place to take a break and a few pics of my bike. Jump back on, hit the starter and I hear the dreaded clk-clk-clk of a dead battery. Pull out my phone to call my wife to bring the portable hot shot to me and no bars on the phone. What a bad feeling, so now I have to start walking to find a cell. What a worse feeling having to leave my bike on the side of a back road.
So while I am walking I,m thinking there must be a battery that will never put me in this situation again. Within 10 minutes on the web I found the perfect solution that solves my needs plus saves almost 5 pounds of weight! This Lithium Technology is amazing and will outlast the 75 year old lead batteries by 3 times and never loose a charge from sitting. Well worth the extra cost and piece of mind!

Antigravity ATZ-10 ReStart 360CA Lithium Ion Battery
Never again worry about getting stranded with a dead battery! Antigravity Batteries now offer the ground-breaking “Re-Start (RS)” line of batteries – the first batteries with built-in jump starting! The revolutionary ATZ-10 Re-Start Battery intelligently monitors its status, and just before going completely dead puts itself in sleep mode with just enough energy to get your vehicle started again. Simply press the Re-Start button located on the battery, start your vehicle and ride off. No more dead battery emergencies or being stranded!
The ATZ-10-RS is an extremely lightweight and high-power Lithium-Ion replacement battery for the heavy lead/acid YTZ-10 battery found in many Motorcycles and Powersport Vehicles. The ATZ-10-RS offers the first Full Battery Management System (BMS) found on a Powersport Battery and includes low-voltage cut-off, over discharge, over-charge, and thermal protections with real time lithium-ion cell balancing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW so you make it look like a post but its just an ad !!!!!!!
It's not an advertisement, I don't sell them, I did not mention or pitch the company I bought it from so your reply is entirely way off base. I was merely bringing to the attention of this group that there is some amazing battery technology available to us as an alternative to the century old inefficient lead batteries. They are heavy, they loose their charge from sitting, you need a battery tender to keep them fresh, they have a relatively short life span in typical motorcycle usage. This amazing battery has a reserve so you never get stranded like I did.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Agree with the new lighter technology... but they come with a much higher price tag. A quality lead acid battery is considerably less expensive. Since I'm not concerned with the extra weight, and don't care to purchase another battery charger to handle whatever flavor battery technology is new this year... I'll settle for a new YUASA lead acid battery and start saving for replacement... in another 3-5 years. I just don't see a need to "upgrade" from the OEM style battery. Mostly, I not smart enough to figure out how the new technology works! ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been using Lithium batteries in all my motorcycles for years.The one in my zx6r (Shorai) is six years old.just put one in my 2019 cbr it weighs 1.5 lbs the oe Yuasa ytz8v was 6 lbs. These batteries are a good investment if you intend to keep your motorcycle for an extended length of time and are trying to reduce the overall weight.My cbr is right at 390 lbs with its current mods.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll just reply this once.
Read your post. It most certainly reads as an ad for the battery.

And as airhead83 so perfectly pointed out -
"Agree with the new lighter technology... but they come with a much higher price tag. A quality lead acid battery is considerably less expensive. Since I'm not concerned with the extra weight, and don't care to purchase another battery charger to handle whatever flavor battery technology is new this year... I'll settle for a new YUASA lead acid battery and start saving for replacement... in another 3-5 years. I just don't see a need to "upgrade" from the OEM style battery "

I dont need to or do hookup to a tender during riding times, but do during the 5-6 months of winter, and its not so hard.

Do you know there are people that still buy batteries they have to check to make sure they still enough water in them???

I support your ability to post here.
I will not riot because of it.
I was simply pointing out how it looked to manicured and perfect to not be an ad.

If you want to go the way of lithium - I'm OK with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Agree with the new lighter technology... but they come with a much higher price tag. A quality lead acid battery is considerably less expensive. Since I'm not concerned with the extra weight, and don't care to purchase another battery charger to handle whatever flavor battery technology is new this year... I'll settle for a new YUASA lead acid battery and start saving for replacement... in another 3-5 years. I just don't see a need to "upgrade" from the OEM style battery. Mostly, I not smart enough to figure out how the new technology works! ;)
I hear you they are defiantly not for everyone. FYI The chargers can be had for $40.00 but I had a LI battery in my race car for over 5 years car that never ever needed a charge and it sat for a year once and did not loose a bit of its charge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll just reply this once.
Read your post. It most certainly reads as an ad for the battery.

And as airhead83 so perfectly pointed out -
"Agree with the new lighter technology... but they come with a much higher price tag. A quality lead acid battery is considerably less expensive. Since I'm not concerned with the extra weight, and don't care to purchase another battery charger to handle whatever flavor battery technology is new this year... I'll settle for a new YUASA lead acid battery and start saving for replacement... in another 3-5 years. I just don't see a need to "upgrade" from the OEM style battery "

I dont need to or do hookup to a tender during riding times, but do during the 5-6 months of winter, and its not so hard.

Do you know there are people that still buy batteries they have to check to make sure they still enough water in them???

I support your ability to post here.
I will not riot because of it.
I was simply pointing out how it looked to manicured and perfect to not be an ad.

If you want to go the way of lithium - I'm OK with it.
I get it and respect your opinion. I'm just happy I found a battery that won't leave me stranded again and wanted to share that with the group. That's what its here for. No reply needed. Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
I hear you they are defiantly not for everyone. FYI The chargers can be had for $40.00 but I had a LI battery in my race for over 5 years car that never ever needed a charge and it sat for a year once and did not loose a bit of its charge.
Good to know. I certainly see the advantages, I'm an old man that's slow to change. I'm still trying to figure out how to check for voice messages on my flip phone. ;)

·
Registered
2018 Suzuki GSXS-1000F
324 Posts
Battery add or not, that’s a great looking F. Nice job on the strip down. Looks very clean. Makes me miss mine.

·
Registered
657 Posts
To be honest. many of these "new" technologies, not only cost MUCH more (as stated by some above) but they are rarely that much more beneficial. Usually by the time the buyer finds out, its too late - time has passed, and the buyer is stuck with a very expensive "boat anchor." Thankfully, by that time, everyone has forgotten about it!

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 500F is pretty light already, so less battery weight is -- imho - marginal. If it saves the environment, then it's a plus. Properly maintained lead acid batteries last for at least 4-5 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts