Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Trikebuilder:
The unused 4 pin connector is the immobilizer sensor
Blackfin, you're checking the US version, non immo wiring diagram. But Trikebuilder uses an EU wiring harness, and want to replicate the US wiring

·
Registered
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
1,263 Posts
Trikebuilder:
The unusae 4 pin connector is the immobilizer sensor
Blackfin, you're checking the US version, non immo wiring diagram. But Trikebuilder uses an EU wiring harness, and want to replicate the US wiring
Right, makes sense.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Trikebuilder:
Blackfin, you're checking the US version, non immo wiring diagram, it has white black on p26. But Trikebuilder uses an EU wiring harness, and want to replicate the US wiring, and the EU plug has a pink wire there.

But I was wrongly assumed, actually p26 has to be connected to switched sensor +12V. Repeat, not ground but switched 12V.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Trikebuilder:
Blackfin, you're checking the US version, non immo wiring diagram, it has white black on p26. But Trikebuilder uses an EU wiring harness, and want to replicate the US wiring, and the EU plug has a pink wire there.

But I was wrongly assumed, actually p26 has to be connected to switched sensor +12V. Repeat, not ground but switched 12V.
When you say switched sensor do you mean splice into a wire that gets 12v after the key is turned?

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Yup. One sure source is the black white wire in the dlc diagnostic connector. That is a four pole red connector on the rear part of the harness (normally under the seat).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
@Oyabun and @Blackfin You guys are legends! I have a spark and the fuel pump has power! I havnt started the engine as it doesnt have an exhaust on yet and it will probably wake my kids haha

As im not using the harness for lights, dash, etc is there a recommended way to cut the connections out of the loom to make it smaller or is it a case of just cutting the wires?

Thanks both for your help!! id still be sat on the floor in the garage with my head in my hands if it wasnt for you guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys. Hope one of you can assist. CBR500R 2014 kart build. AU BIKE WITH hISS ..swapped ecu with apparent north American ecu. Supplied switched power to pin 26 pink wire. Coils have power, kicks over, no power to pump (used switched power as temp) relay is not supplying power to pump. All fuses ok. Crank angle (no idea where it's located?). Injectors have power. Pink wire at ignition is not dropped to 9v as yet!!

Is it a nth American ecu?
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Cable Electrical supply Electronic device

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Coil Automotive exterior Car

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Automotive tire

Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas Cable Automotive tire

41 - 50 of 50 Posts