Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
You want to be a cager?:D

Seriously though, I didn't even know such things for motorcycles existed. I could probably use one for my testing and fooling around, but I'm guessing they are pricey.:) *Curious*

·
Registered
295 Posts
I see some rack manufacturers (Hepco & Becker, and apparently soon Motech and Givi) are making "engine guards" and "tank guards" fot the X and F. Not really stunter robust, but better than nothing perhaps. The R fairing would likely get in the way for the most part, but then if you want a stunt cage you would have to deal with that regardless.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
I suspect because it would turn an aesthetically pleasing design into a sustantially less elegant shape?
But without it, the end result could be ever worse. If it serves a function... :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm going to ask the obvious - what is a crash/stunt cage?!

The image that springs to my mind is a cage totally surrounding the bike and rider that allows things like forward rolls etc.

Or is this a translation problem and we are in fact talking about what I know as engine bars?

There are quite a few engine protectors or sliders for the R if that is what we are talking of.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Reactions: Thump

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm going to ask the obvious - what is a crash/stunt cage?!

The image that springs to my mind is a cage totally surrounding the bike and rider that allows things like forward rolls etc.
Ha! I'm glad you asked that as I too was imagining a substantial Mad Max like contraption. We are talking crash bars to protect legs and bike, I think...

·
Registered
188 Posts
lol

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts