Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I was jus gifted a craftsman motorcycle /atv lift from my brother ,and I'm wondering if I can even use it to jack up my 2014 cbr 500r I don't know how to go about this as It doesn't seem like I can just put it under the bike cause of the fairings/exhaust any tips or info would be greatly appreciated 馃槉 thanks and have a great day

Jimmy

Registered
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
If it's like one of these:

it's not going to work for the 500. Those are intended for bikes with dual down-tube frame designs and clear access to them. These are typical of dirt/motorcross bikes and ATVs and perhaps some cruisers.

You'll want paddock stands and/or something like an Abba Superbike stand (I use one with my Tuono and love it; very useful piece of kit.)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
If it's like one of these:

it's not going to work for the 500. Those are intended for bikes with dual down-tube frame designs and clear access to them. These are typical of dirt/motorcross bikes and ATVs and perhaps some cruisers.

You'll want paddock stands and/or something like an Abba Superbike stand (I use one with my Tuono and love it; very useful piece of kit.)
Yes thats it exactly ,and thanks for the information I guess I'll be buying a track stand for my bike

Registered
I have a abba stand and paddock stands, I find the paddock stands do most of my maintenance, but the abba stand leaves me clutter free at the rear. Paddock stands are the answer for chain tension though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts