Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a cover for my bike, I was looking at the Honda website and I saw part number # 08P34-MCH-000 as an accessory for the cbr500r , but the generic picture doesn't do it justice and the want $200 Canadian for it. that's pretty steep for a cover that doesn't look that great.

I do not have a garage so I have to chain my bike up outside for the summer and I want it covered when its not in use to protect it.

does anyone have any recommendations on covers? I want a good quality one, preferably one that ties together at the bottom so it wont blow off in the wind, if not I will punch some holes in it for that.

thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is pretty steep for just a cover. If you can afford it and you have the space for it why not put up a mini storage shed 'pop up' style?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
i got one cover before for my cbr250 from Honda and it got melted in the first day.:)
cbr500r especially gets really hot so if you want to get something and if you are lazy like me for not waiting the bike gets cool of, get something with protection on lower skirts.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Bought Honda brand four years ago. Paid $25.00. Regular $50.00. Ties underneath as well. When I go on trips I bring it with me to cover my bike. To be fair I have a garage as well which may explain why the cover isn't worn out yet.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
$200 is insane. Cost is probably like $50.

Wait until the price drops. Right now OEM accesories are going to be all MSRP because of supply.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I don't have the space for a pop up garage thing, although that would be nice, I only have a small section of the driveway for the bike, the rest is for cars.

I don't want to wait for the price to drop because I want to get it covered right away instead of having the sun damage it.

I don't know if I should just order it , or risk trying a cheap one from amazon?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked out that nelson rigg, I might give that a shot, but what size would I get? large?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd say a large would be fine, I have the large on my 250 and it covers the entire front wheel and stretches down over about 3/4th's of the rear. The 500 is only a couple inches longer than the 250 from what I can tell.

·
Registered
152 Posts
New rider here, first cbr500r, does anyone have the Dowco Ultralite Plus Motorcycle Cover??? I live in nj that gets all the seasons?? Anyone have experience with?!? Good bad?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Here's the
I bought a couple weeks ago. It was about 20 bucks with shipping. Fits absolutely perfectly. Not sure about how well it repels water, as I've only used it once in anticipation of a thunderstorm that didn't happen It comes with a little drawstring carry bag.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I use the Honda cover. The dealer threw it in on my purchase. I think its a great cover. it goes right to the ground on all sides and front and back. Covers the wheels, kickstand, everything front to back!! and its good quality IMO. haven't had any issues with it, though I usually wait about a 1/2 hour or so to cover up after. My bike also stays outside all summer, and its never been wet underneath.

Jay

·
Registered
144 Posts
New rider here, first cbr500r, does anyone have the Dowco Ultralite Plus Motorcycle Cover??? I live in nj that gets all the seasons?? Anyone have experience with?!? Good bad?
I have a Dowco Cover I used all summer on my cruiser works great I know a rider that has one for a couple of years all year round good in the winter snow and rain and sun mine faded abit but protected the bike very good I paid over $100 but was worth it they are the best covers I ever came across.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My Dowco Cover model Guardian,this picture is my CBR 500R with the cover on and my new Venom Stands I just got yesterday, the cover is from my 1100 Shadow Spirit size XL, I think the CBR and sports bikes are size M but you may need to check further about that.Hope this helps.
Rider safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
thanks, I think I set my eyes for the Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Motorcycle Cover. ill prob order through Revzilla so ill ask about size. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts