Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha has anyone actually done a headlight conversion or replaced the stock bulb with something brighter and may offer better vision on the road? Surprisingly I've noticed some people of flashed brights at me thinking that I may have my. brights on which I didn't. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the headlight but it has grown on me a bit however would like to make some adjustments for better vision and looks. Any suggestions or experiences?

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you are getting flashed frequently by oncoming cars, start by aiming your headlight correctly. With a motorcycle, the headlight aim varies depends on both the aim adjuster and with how we set the preload of the rear shock. Adjusting rear preload causes the rear ride height to vary, which causes the headlight aim to change. There are many YouTube videos on "setting rear suspension sag" using the preload adjuster (to get that set correctly).

The owners manual shows the aim adjustment screw. I do not know an exact way to set the aim on a motorcycle. If you have an SUV with headlights at same height as the bike, you could shine them on a wall and compare to your bike. We need our weight on the bike to see how it is aimed.

If you have the first generation bike (2013-2015) like I do, the headlight is a standard halogen bulb. Simply replacing an old halogen bulb may give a bit more light. Otherwise search the forum as this question has been asked many times.

Newer generations use LED headlights, different in each generation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts