Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start the bike cold start. It’s stumbles bad until it warms up a little bit. Then runs completely fine. Drives perfect no issues there. Just doesn’t idle good at cold start. First thought it was bad gas. I did get gas at a different place this time. I have now put more higher octane gas in it. To see if it changed. Doesn’t seem to have changed much. Any ideas on what is going on. I am a mechanic at a car dealership and now a lot about cars. But this is my first bike and just want to make sure it’s okay. If not it’s going back to the dealer for service.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Cars - bikes - they are the same - engine that burns gas.
IF its under warranty than yea take it back.
So after a new fill up it acts up, or it has always been this way, its colder in the morning now, or - need a bit more info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After that one fill up it did it. Then I decided to run it almost completely empty and put a higher octane in it to see if it was just that tabk of gas. It seems to be fixed now. Still listen for it every time I cold start it. Temperature here has been about the same. No change there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve been running 93 now for a few tanks and no problems since. Think the fuel I got that one time just had a bit more moisture in it than the bike likes. I’m happy with the use of 93 in this bike so I’m gonna keep using it. Just piece of mind makes me feel better and as good on fuel as this bike is. The price difference is not very noticeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts