Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a strange sound emanating from my bike when I leave it in neutral and press and release the clutch lever.

When the lever is out, it sounds like a faint grinding kind of noise coming from somewhere, but when I pull the lever in, the noise goes away? This is my first bike so I am not too familiar with the mechanics? I suspect a clutch issue? It is a 2013 CBR500RA.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 2013 cbr and it does the same thing along with other bikes in the 500 range so I consider it normal.Never had a clutch issue and im well over 55 000 km now.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hi, I have a strange sound emanating from my bike when I leave it in neutral and press and release the clutch lever.

When the lever is out, it sounds like a faint grinding kind of noise coming from somewhere, but when I pull the lever in, the noise goes away? This is my first bike so I am not too familiar with the mechanics? I suspect a clutch issue? It is a 2013 CBR500RA.

Cheers

Phil
The sound you're probably hearing is the gears in the transmission whirring away. The transmission is a constant-mesh type so when the clutch is "engaged" and the input shaft spins, the input and output gears on the shafts spin too.

In all likelihood what you're hearing is completely normal. If you're worried, double check that the oil level is within the sight-glass when the bike is vertical.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound you're probably hearing is the gears in the transmission whirring away. The transmission is a constant-mesh type so when the clutch is "engaged" and the input shaft spins, the input and output gears on the shafts spin too.

In all likelihood what you're hearing is completely normal. If you're worried, double check that the oil level is within the sight-glass when the bike is vertical.
Ok, thanks. The oil looks good, so I guess it's normal . Somewhat relieved :)

Cheers

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts