Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Clutch Center Holder 07HGB-001010A....
The cheapest I've found it was for 75.00....
I'm planning on replacing my clutch but I have a hard time spending 75 to 120 dollars for a piece of round steel.

Does anyone have that part that they want to sell me?? If so PLEASE let me know... OR if they have a trick using something else I'm all ears....

Thanks in Advance..

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looking for Clutch Center Holder 07HGB-001010A....
The cheapest I've found it was for 75.00....
I'm planning on replacing my clutch but I have a hard time spending 75 to 120 dollars for a piece of round steel.

Does anyone have that part that they want to sell me?? If so PLEASE let me know... OR if they have a trick using something else I'm all ears....

Thanks in Advance..
I have a video linked that may give you an idea how to remove that basket without the purchase of a special tool.
Start looking at about 4:00 min into the video.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a video linked that may give you an idea how to remove that basket without the purchase of a special tool.
Start looking at about 4:00 min into the video.
THAT IS IT!!!!!
RIGHT ON, I knew someone here could save the day.. Thank You Very much; I'll let ya know how the surgery goes....

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THAT IS IT!!!!!
RIGHT ON, I knew someone here could save the day.. Thank You Very much; I'll let ya know how the surgery goes....
UPDATE:
Ok,,, The string theory doesn't work on a CBR500 clutch because you can't remove the rings until you remove the lock nut... So I built a home made tool to hold it into place and then '"SNAP" I broke 1 of the 4 posts from not holding it evenly... So I went and purchased a 100 dollar air hammer wrench hooked it up to my compressor and BZZZZ, the nut came loose in a fraction of a second... GRRRR now I've been waiting for a new pressure plate special ordered... It will finally be here this Friday.. So the BEST clutch nut remover is the air wrench...
I'll update after it's complete....The picture shows of course what it should look like.....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
You tend to forget about one thing.
You also gotta get it together - and that needs torquing it to spec.
A 30usd tool would have saved you the new part, the air hammer and the hassle to put it together.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You tend to forget about one thing.
You also gotta get it together - and that needs torquing it to spec.
A 30usd tool would have saved you the new part, the air hammer and the hassle to put it together.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't forgot anything.. I have my torque wrench, 27mm lug and the new lock nut that will be tightened
exactly at 94 ft-lbs.... However I do appreciate the heads up; i'm always open for reminders.. At MMI they drilled the torque specks into our heads and constantly reminded us how important they are..

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
You see, what I've learnt in the mechanic's school not to skimp on quality tools.
How are you planning to hold the clutch to torque it to spec without a clutch holding tool?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, fair enough question... Of Course Not!!!.... I learn from my mistakes and once in a long long time I'm make the same mistake twice..
As a matter of fact I think the last time I made a mistake twice was during the Regen Administration when I gave my High School girlfriend another chance....LOL (1980 - 1988)
Yes I have a holding tool, tourgh wrench, rings are soaking in oil and I'm ready too do business.. I've been riding since I was 18 and receantly graduated from MMI in Kawasaki, Honda, BMW, and Hardly Davidson.... I'll have some photo's when I'm finished....

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think you mean Hardly Dangerous lol.
The truth is I'm supprised they "Hardly Ever Run" except for the V-Rod they are the most overpriced low quality built motorcycles on the market....

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure why i'm being targeted for this? But I feel like 'Oyabun' has some kine of vendetta against me.... Like you said "To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!"

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
Nothing personal, or vendetta here.
I don't even say that I haven't fracked things up mechanically - well, at least not too much in the last fifteen or so years. It is just a ton easier to avoid mistakes if one follows others who have been there and done that.
This forum has accumulated knowledge of many peeps for the last seven years. Your choice if you ignore or listen to them - especially if you came for advice.
Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well actually I started thinking about it; and another member had mentioned something positive about you and that just reiterate what I was already thinking... I 100% sure my mind was pr-occupied on just getting my bike fixed and it was no fault but my own that I broke one of the pressure plate posts... That and how long the wait to order one was causing my frustration. I know you just wanted to help, and I thank you for it...

Nevertheless I got all the parts and re-built my clutch... Now i'm having an issue with a kill switch on the kickstand.. There are 3 tubes that are hanging down from where the side stand is. What the heck are they and where do they go???
I need to adjust the clutch cable and that's one of the things I dislike doing but as soon as it goes into gear; even with the side stand UP it immediately kills the motor... Any Ideas anyone?? 🥶

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok,, that's what I was thinking myself... Here are symptoms >>
  • Starts fine in Neutral.
  • with clutch disengaged Bike jumps forward as soon as put in 1st gear.
  • with clutch disengaged when trying to start it, bike again jumps forward.

My frustration level is over the top. When I was removing the fairings down there can the side stand switch become disconnected... I can't remember learning much about that switch at MMI...mostly there are 3 simulator like it > side stand, clutch, and kill switch...

I'm going to check connections and test the ohms and I'll share the results...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts